File Sharing OK Printer Won't Print

The wireless network allows file sharing, but no matter what I do, I can't
get the printer to work from the laptop. I have tricked the laptop into
changing the port (finally), and have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer
and drivers umpteem zillion times on both the desktop (host computer) and
laptop (remote) to no avail. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this
problem, I'd appreciate your input. I have an HP 3320 printer. Thanks in
advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Roberto

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

I had the same problem. and then I conect the laptop to the LAN by cable,
configure the printer and then disconet the cable and reactivate the
wireless. and vuala!!!.

"chdiamo" <chdiamo@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> The wireless network allows file sharing, but no matter what I do, I can't
> get the printer to work from the laptop. I have tricked the laptop into
> changing the port (finally), and have uninstalled and reinstalled the
> printer
> and drivers umpteem zillion times on both the desktop (host computer) and
> laptop (remote) to no avail. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this
> problem, I'd appreciate your input. I have an HP 3320 printer. Thanks in
> advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

I have two questions here. how did you trick your computer into changing
port. all I can get when trying to print from laptop id that there is a
communications error 'USB is unplugged' and second question, I tried to trick
the laptop by connecting to LAN by cable but stil got the same result. How
did you configure printer to get it to accept wireless connection after
disconnecting LAN?

Thanks for your help

"Roberto" wrote:

> I had the same problem. and then I conect the laptop to the LAN by cable,
> configure the printer and then disconet the cable and reactivate the
> wireless. and vuala!!!.
>

> "chdiamo" <chdiamo@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > The wireless network allows file sharing, but no matter what I do, I can't
> > get the printer to work from the laptop. I have tricked the laptop into
> > changing the port (finally), and have uninstalled and reinstalled the
> > printer
> > and drivers umpteem zillion times on both the desktop (host computer) and
> > laptop (remote) to no avail. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this
> > problem, I'd appreciate your input. I have an HP 3320 printer. Thanks in
> > advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS