Problems with fresh Windows installation with Thunder K8S ..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2004 3:06:41 PM

I have Thunder K8S Pro (S2882) board with Silicon Image SATA controller.
I've added dial Opterons and 2GB RAM.

In trying to perform a fresh Windows (XP SP1) install, I receive the
message:

"File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 1742 in
d:\xpsp1
\base\root\setup\oemdisk.c."

I get basically the same error when trying 2003 Server EE and 2000 AS (the
error
msg is 0512, the line number is different and the oemdisk.c path is slightly
different in each case).

I have one Western Digital 74GB Raptor drive installed.

I tried using:

1. the three different distribution diskettes

2. creating, seemingly every combination of the driver diskette from the
TYAN CD-
ROM.

Basically same error. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

HG
October 30, 2004 3:46:35 PM

"w" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<7e32f$417d167f$d8cef1a2$8600@msgid.meganewsservers.com>...

> Basically same error. Nothing works.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> HG

Try a new CD-rom. Is yours a burn backup copy?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2004 2:40:31 PM

[ w ]

> I have Thunder K8S Pro (S2882) board with Silicon Image SATA controller.
> I've added dial Opterons and 2GB RAM.
>
> In trying to perform a fresh Windows (XP SP1) install, I receive the
> message:
>
> "File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 1742 in
> d:\xpsp1
> \base\root\setup\oemdisk.c."
>
> I get basically the same error when trying 2003 Server EE and 2000 AS (the
> error
> msg is 0512, the line number is different and the oemdisk.c path is slightly
> different in each case).
>
> I have one Western Digital 74GB Raptor drive installed.
>
> I tried using:
>
> 1. the three different distribution diskettes
>
> 2. creating, seemingly every combination of the driver diskette from the
> TYAN CD-
> ROM.
>
> Basically same error. Nothing works.
>
> Any ideas?

I got the same error. The solution was to first insert the
RAID-driverdisk, then the regular one. Don't know why, but I guess the
controller needs the RAID-driver as well. I'm not running anything in
RAID, tho.

This with a 2875 and 2x246.

--
Mathias Meisfjordskar