Help identify motheboard from server

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 29, 2004 9:55:31 PM

We got a 1U server that has a dual P-3 cpu motherboard (Dual Pentium III
Tualatin PGA socket). The label on the server says "Quanta Computer
Inc.", but there website has worthless information. We have determined
the model is SU2-3100. I did a search for SU2-3100 and found a bunch of
sites in Korean and Japanese. The best link I can find is
http://www.jstech.com/su2-3100.html
and
http://www.eslim.co.kr/press/show.asp?id=release&ref=6&...

The motherboard has a Serverworks HE-SL chipset. The problem is the
motherboard is DOA. The server is fairly new, it came back off of a
newly defaulted lease. We would like to RMA or replace the motherboard,
but we need to find at least the manufacturer of the motherboard. Any
help would be great, thanks in advance.
October 30, 2004 4:11:56 AM

SBN wrote:

> We got a 1U server that has a dual P-3 cpu motherboard (Dual Pentium III
> Tualatin PGA socket). The label on the server says "Quanta Computer
> Inc.", but there website has worthless information. We have determined
> the model is SU2-3100. I did a search for SU2-3100 and found a bunch of
> sites in Korean and Japanese. The best link I can find is
> http://www.jstech.com/su2-3100.html
> and
> http://www.eslim.co.kr/press/show.asp?id=release&ref=6&...
>
> The motherboard has a Serverworks HE-SL chipset. The problem is the
> motherboard is DOA. The server is fairly new, it came back off of a
> newly defaulted lease. We would like to RMA or replace the motherboard,
> but we need to find at least the manufacturer of the motherboard. Any
> help would be great, thanks in advance.

What markings are on the motherboard? You may be able to find the
motherboard's manufacturer and/or model number from the text that's usually
silk-screened on the motherboard.

Eric
October 30, 2004 7:43:48 PM

Eric wrote:
> SBN wrote:
>
>>We got a 1U server that has a dual P-3 cpu motherboard (Dual Pentium III
>>Tualatin PGA socket). The label on the server says "Quanta Computer
>>Inc.", but there website has worthless information. We have determined
>>the model is SU2-3100. I did a search for SU2-3100 and found a bunch of
>>sites in Korean and Japanese. The best link I can find is
>>http://www.jstech.com/su2-3100.html
>>and
>>http://www.eslim.co.kr/press/show.asp?id=release&ref=6&...
>>
>>The motherboard has a Serverworks HE-SL chipset. The problem is the
>>motherboard is DOA. The server is fairly new, it came back off of a
>>newly defaulted lease. We would like to RMA or replace the motherboard,
>>but we need to find at least the manufacturer of the motherboard. Any
>>help would be great, thanks in advance.
>

> What markings are on the motherboard? You may be able to find the
> motherboard's manufacturer and/or model number from the text that's usually
> silk-screened on the motherboard.
>
> Eric
That is part of the problem, there is no markings. I removed the board
and looked at the back and saw nothing as well. There is a part #, but
nothing has shown up in any searches. My best hope is someone out their
is familiar with these Eslim SU2-3100 servers.
!