Console redirection [s2466n]

Board = s2466n

I have setup the ability to use consule redirection, but how does it work ??
i have tried to connect true hyperterminal but i doesn't work.

I have setup the redirect.. ad follow:

comport Onboard comA
consule connection Direct
Baud rate 9600
flowcontrole none
console type PC ANSI
Cuntinue C.R. after post on

have i done something wrong, and in that case what have I done wrong, and
how do i fix it ??

This is very importen for me this will work fast, since I can't boot my
server, unless i add a video card, and that i don't have enough space for in
the new servercase.

Bedst regards

VIB-host

Ahh Yes,

Serial Connections....

I have to assume that you are connecting two PC's together based on your
statement that you are using Microsoft's Hyper Terminal. This means you
need a 'null modem' cable. You quite possibly are using a cable that
connects TX to TX and RX to RX not to mention DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS and CD
being handled 'straight through'. These signals need wired to the
appropriate pins ( TX-RX RX-TX RTS-CTS CTS-RTS DTR-DSR,CD DSR,CD-DTR)

You do realize that this redirection handles only the boot phase,
correct? After that the OS being loaded has to takes over. Windows is
fairly lame in this respect. A *nix can make its console a serial port
however.

Regards,

Chris

Joakim Reck wrote:
> Board = s2466n
>
> I have setup the ability to use consule redirection, but how does it work ??
> i have tried to connect true hyperterminal but i doesn't work.
>
> I have setup the redirect.. ad follow:
>
> comport Onboard comA
> consule connection Direct
> Baud rate 9600
> flowcontrole none
> console type PC ANSI
> Cuntinue C.R. after post on
>
> have i done something wrong, and in that case what have I done wrong, and
> how do i fix it ??
>
> This is very importen for me this will work fast, since I can't boot my
> server, unless i add a video card, and that i don't have enough space for in
> the new servercase.
>

> Bedst regards
>
> VIB-host

Hi