Mamewah Problems

I built my Mame cabinet 1 1/2 years ago. I installed
Mame,psx,n64,nintendo,super nintendo and atari. Everything has been working
great. I had upgraded to Mame .80 at some point in time. Now I finally got
around to getting a newer Mame .95. I see the version of Mamewah I have
can't run this new of a version of Mame. I would hate to have to lose all my
other emus and setup the whole thing again. Is there a way to use a newer
Mame on an older Mamewah? I downloaded the newest Mamewah on another
computer and the downloaded Mamewah Setup that I have always used and I see
that the Mamewah Setup is no longer good for any newer versions of Mamewah.
So then I ask, if I do have to redo the whole thing, what program does
anyone use to help setup Mamewah? Or is there a better frontend for someone
in my situation? It took along time to set up the first time.
2 answers Last reply
More about mamewah problems

    "R" <BOB@aol.com> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

    > I built my Mame cabinet 1 1/2 years ago. I installed
    > Mame,psx,n64,nintendo,super nintendo and atari. Everything has been
    > working great. I had upgraded to Mame .80 at some point in time. Now I
    > finally got around to getting a newer Mame .95. I see the version of
    > Mamewah I have can't run this new of a version of Mame. I would hate
    > to have to lose all my other emus and setup the whole thing again. Is
    > there a way to use a newer Mame on an older Mamewah? I downloaded the
    > newest Mamewah on another computer and the downloaded Mamewah Setup
    > that I have always used and I see that the Mamewah Setup is no longer
    > good for any newer versions of Mamewah. So then I ask, if I do have to
    > redo the whole thing, what program does anyone use to help setup
    > Mamewah? Or is there a better frontend for someone in my situation? It
    > took along time to set up the first time.

    IM guessing it might be caused by the XML listing output.

    I dont use mamewah myself, so I cant give a full answre on this, but you
    could either pipe the output through XMLinfo to get the old listinfo
    format, or maybe theres a way to fool mamewah into the new listing?

    make sure xml2info.exe is in the same directory as the mame.exe then
    your list will generate correctly.

    R wrote:
    > I built my Mame cabinet 1 1/2 years ago. I installed
    > Mame,psx,n64,nintendo,super nintendo and atari. Everything has been working
    > great. I had upgraded to Mame .80 at some point in time. Now I finally got
    > around to getting a newer Mame .95. I see the version of Mamewah I have
    > can't run this new of a version of Mame. I would hate to have to lose all my
    > other emus and setup the whole thing again. Is there a way to use a newer
    > Mame on an older Mamewah? I downloaded the newest Mamewah on another
    > computer and the downloaded Mamewah Setup that I have always used and I see
    > that the Mamewah Setup is no longer good for any newer versions of Mamewah.
    > So then I ask, if I do have to redo the whole thing, what program does
    > anyone use to help setup Mamewah? Or is there a better frontend for someone
    > in my situation? It took along time to set up the first time.

Nintendo Video Games