I built my Mame cabinet 1 1/2 years ago. I installed
Mame,psx,n64,nintendo,super nintendo and atari. Everything has been working
great. I had upgraded to Mame .80 at some point in time. Now I finally got
around to getting a newer Mame .95. I see the version of Mamewah I have
can't run this new of a version of Mame. I would hate to have to lose all my
other emus and setup the whole thing again. Is there a way to use a newer
Mame on an older Mamewah? I downloaded the newest Mamewah on another
computer and the downloaded Mamewah Setup that I have always used and I see
that the Mamewah Setup is no longer good for any newer versions of Mamewah.
So then I ask, if I do have to redo the whole thing, what program does
anyone use to help setup Mamewah? Or is there a better frontend for someone
in my situation? It took along time to set up the first time.

"R" <BOB@aol.com> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

> I built my Mame cabinet 1 1/2 years ago. I installed
> Mame,psx,n64,nintendo,super nintendo and atari. Everything has been
> working great. I had upgraded to Mame .80 at some point in time. Now I
> finally got around to getting a newer Mame .95. I see the version of
> Mamewah I have can't run this new of a version of Mame. I would hate
> to have to lose all my other emus and setup the whole thing again. Is
> there a way to use a newer Mame on an older Mamewah? I downloaded the
> newest Mamewah on another computer and the downloaded Mamewah Setup
> that I have always used and I see that the Mamewah Setup is no longer
> good for any newer versions of Mamewah. So then I ask, if I do have to
> redo the whole thing, what program does anyone use to help setup
> Mamewah? Or is there a better frontend for someone in my situation? It
> took along time to set up the first time.

IM guessing it might be caused by the XML listing output.

I dont use mamewah myself, so I cant give a full answre on this, but you
could either pipe the output through XMLinfo to get the old listinfo
format, or maybe theres a way to fool mamewah into the new listing?

make sure xml2info.exe is in the same directory as the mame.exe then
your list will generate correctly.