are all at&t accts transitioning to cingular?

Stu

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Are they all going to become Cingular accounts eventually? I want
rollover and I have AT&T in Denver.

"stu" <stu@stu.net> wrote in message news:40F71CB5.FF550BCB@stu.net...
| Are they all going to become Cingular accounts eventually? I want
| rollover and I have AT&T in Denver.

My guess (purely a guess based on history) is that they will grandfather
your current plan. You can then get one of the new plans if you want, but
will of course lose your grandfathered plan and the ability to revert back
to it. I was still on a Bellsouth Mobility plan through Cingular up until
this past December.

In article <40F71CB5.FF550BCB@stu.net>, stu <stu@stu.net> wrote:

> Are they all going to become Cingular accounts eventually? I want
> rollover and I have AT&T in Denver.

Maybe they'll give you the option to switch after the merger. No
guarantee at present. They haven't integrated Cellular One, Bell South,
SWB, and Pac Bell yet after 3 years, how they gonna manage integrating
AT&T. Might keep them relatively separate for a while (year, years?).

trey

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

stu wrote:
> Are they all going to become Cingular accounts eventually? I want
> rollover and I have AT&T in Denver.

No, some Att accounts are becoming Verizon Accounts and some are even
becoming Sprint and T-Moble accounts with this merger. (yay for number
portability huh?)

I heard that when the merger is complete, ATTws customers will be issued a
Cingular Sim in exchange for the "old" Attws sim. At that point, Rollover
minutes may happen.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:11:19 GMT, "Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I heard that when the merger is complete, ATTws customers will be issued a
>Cingular Sim in exchange for the "old" Attws sim. At that point, Rollover
>minutes may happen.

Care to tell where the "I heard" came from or is this yet another
baseless rumour that someone is trying to spread?

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

"Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| stu wrote:
| > Are they all going to become Cingular accounts eventually? I want
| > rollover and I have AT&T in Denver.
|
| No, some Att accounts are becoming Verizon Accounts and some are even
| becoming Sprint and T-Moble accounts with this merger. (yay for number
| portability huh?)
|
| I heard that when the merger is complete, ATTws customers will be issued a
| Cingular Sim in exchange for the "old" Attws sim. At that point, Rollover
| minutes may happen.

I doubt that would happen. There is nothing to gain by issuing a Cingular
SIM, everything to lose. As a matter of fact, my wife's phone still has an
old Bellsouth Mobility SIM. SIM cards can be reprogrammed OTA (over the
air), so Cingular has no reason to need anyone to switch to "their" SIM.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <bmRJc.44414$ju5.7679@twister.socal.rr.com>,
"Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I heard that when the merger is complete, ATTws customers will be issued a
> Cingular Sim in exchange for the "old" Attws sim. At that point, Rollover
> minutes may happen.

No way, too costly.

trey

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Joseph wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:11:19 GMT, "Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I heard that when the merger is complete, ATTws customers will be
>> issued a Cingular Sim in exchange for the "old" Attws sim. At that
>> point, Rollover minutes may happen.
>
> Care to tell where the "I heard" came from or is this yet another
> baseless rumour that someone is trying to spread?

Sure thing, I heard it in THIS newsgroup alt.cellular.attws

Subject: Re: Cingular & AWS
"I stopped in the Cingular store and asked the same question last week. The
guy told me you wont see anything happen till around August or later this
Fall. He said when it dose happen you will get a new Sim card for your
phone."
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22new+sim%22+cingular+group:alt.cellular.attws&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.cellular.attws&selm=ZF1qc.4801%24E21.2239%40news02.roc.ny&rnum=2

Is that good enough for you? Talk to Eric for more details as to who "the
guy" is at the Cingular store.