My last Solyndra-type bankruptcy thread

:bounce: And the audience goes wild.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-vows-more-money-green-energy-when-i-try-something-doesn-t-work-then-i-don-t-try

A study by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, found that 19 of the companies that received loans or grants by the Obama administration have filed for bankruptcy or are in the process of doing so.

These include Evergreen Solar, SpectraWatt, Solyndra, Beacon Power, which got $43 million; AES’ subsidiary Eastern Energy, Nevada Geothermal, which received $98.5 million; SunPower, which got $1.5 billion from the government; First Solar, which received $1.46 billion from the federal government; Babcock & Brown, an Australian company which received $178 million from the administration; Ener1, a subsidiary EnerDel that received $118.5 million; Amonix, which received $5.9 million; The National Renewable Energy Lab; Fisker Automotive; Abound Solar, which received $400 million; Solar Trust of America; A123 Systems, which received $279 million; Willard & Kelsey Solar Group, which received $6 million; Johnson Controls, which received $299 million; and Schneider Electric, which received $86 million.

I missed a few.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
So start to investigate this by Attorney Holder which never will be done of course.

Well, after I posted this, Abound Solar filed for bankruptcy (tax payers on the hook for about $400 million).

But I promised. :(