Media players do not auto play

If I use a CD, DVD or Compact Flash neither begin auto play. I went to XP
knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135 with no
luck. All my registry settings were correct. When I do insert a CD or DVD,
the information doesn't show next to the icon in My Computer.I have Roxio
Creator 7.5 but Microsoft states that versions before 5.2 are affected. Any
help would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about media players auto play

    If you haven't allready, try Roxio's website for a fix. Sometimes
    reinstalling the program (roxio) will work too. If not try this.
    Line 234 right side.

    "Vic" <unclevic@cox.net> wrote in message
    > If I use a CD, DVD or Compact Flash neither begin auto play. I went to XP
    > knowledge base
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135 with no
    > luck. All my registry settings were correct. When I do insert a CD or DVD,
    > the information doesn't show next to the icon in My Computer.I have Roxio
    > Creator 7.5 but Microsoft states that versions before 5.2 are affected.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP