Trinity 400 usually reboots without KB/mouse

Seen this repeatedly on a Win2K machine at work. At reboot all looks
OK, except no mouse cursor and the keyboard does not function. No
error beeps or other indications of problems during the boot.
Rebooting again usually clears the problem, but am looking for root
cause. Are there known issues about this? Tyan has only offered a form
letter generic response to my inquiry. Current BIOS is 1.07, the
latest. Any thoughts appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about trinity reboots mouse
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I have a trinity 400 Tyan S1854 .. )) (( -- it runs XP ok with a P3 800
    .... however I would like a board with a newer bios ... and they don't have
    a newer bios on their website than about May or so of 2000.
    Yes - this V1.07 is the last one offered on their website.

    P3 800 is still enough power with 392 mb ram to do a good bit of work...

    if i got anothor board i would not screw with pc133 ram or ATA 66 ( have an
    ata100 but of course S1854 doesnt go that fast) ... would run the new
    faster serial ATA drives that do hundreds of MHz bus speed just like the ram
    and the CPU ( which I think is is the P4 or AMD equiv.)

    "Rivergoat" <goat@goathead.com> wrote in message
    > Seen this repeatedly on a Win2K machine at work. At reboot all looks
    > OK, except no mouse cursor and the keyboard does not function. No
    > error beeps or other indications of problems during the boot.
    > Rebooting again usually clears the problem, but am looking for root
    > cause. Are there known issues about this? Tyan has only offered a form
    > letter generic response to my inquiry. Current BIOS is 1.07, the
    > latest. Any thoughts appreciated.

Tyan Mice Trinity Motherboards