Sharing files Wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2005 2:18:16 AM

Hi,
After trying at least hundreds of suggestions from articles from this
newsgroup and sites they recommend to attempt to get my W98se laptop to see
my Wxp pro Desktop computer documents, one suggestion finally worked. I
really do appreciate all suggestions.
Answer: Go to the W98se laptop and run from the command line: \\Gx74x01\My
Documents. Where Gx74x01 is the name of my Desktop Computer.
My question: How do I make that command available from an icon on the
desktop or when the Laptop starts? Must I always go to run--- How about
mapping?
Sorry this has been so long. The Wxp always sees the laptop files.
Bert
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2005 4:02:11 AM

Hi
Let say that we have one computer name Jack and another computer name Nick.
Once you set the Network and the Network Sharing you can map the Drive C: of Nick on
Jack (you do the mapping from Jack) and assign to it the letter N (or any other
available letter).
Once you do this Computer Jack has an additional drive name N: that let you do every
thing that you can do with a drive (copy, move, delete, open file, Burn CD, listen to
music etc. ) as though Nick’s C: is actually on Jack (provided it was set to allow
sharing.)
You can also map on Computer Nick a network drive with the letter J using Jack’s C:
Drive and you would have a drive J: that let you use Jack’s Drive C: on Nick.
How to map? Log to Windows Native Help, enter the term Mapped Drive and it will guide
you through the process.
Floppy, CD-ROM, ZIP, and USB drives can be similarly be mapped too.
The above is a quote from:(  http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html ).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!