Bad driver

Fatman

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2004

Well here's a hardware problem for you,Sidewinder 3D pro will not work
after service pack 1,sp2 still failed to fix the problem.Sound card is
a SB live! with the latest drivers installed,Microsoft certified this
driver (gamenum) you'll find that under windows, driver.You can't
change the resources for that driver because it's grayed out.I remove
the file in the safemode,thinking it's corupt.On restart xp put the
same file back.SW 3D pro will only support certain resources on the
soundblaster game port I/O 200 -207.Standard game uses I/O 201-201 xp
has it screwed up, creative game port D400- rendering SW broke they
fail to fix it twice,got any Ideas? My kids are up in arms........

Take a look at this webpage..
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-301734.php

--
Mike Hall