How Do I Get My Sound Back

My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device found on
my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?
7 answers Last reply
More about sound back

    Andreamp,
    Take it back to the repair shop and have them fix your sound, it worked
    before you took it to them I assume, and you do have your speakers
    plugged into the correct connector.
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    "Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device found
    > on
    > my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?

    Take it back to the guy who repaired it and tell him to make it work.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device
    > found on
    > my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?

    Repaired? That was supposed to describe WHAT got repaired. Maybe the
    tech restored a drive image before the sound drivers got installed.
    Maybe the tech forgot to put the sound card back in. Maybe the failure
    was a sound card that went bad, the tech removed it, and you got it back
    without the sound card because it wasn't covered under warranty (with
    that tech) or you didn't buy a replacement. You sure the sound isn't
    simply set to "mute"? Check the volume control in the tray icon or use
    the Sound applet in Control Panel to check if the Mute option is off and
    if the volume level(s) are greater than zero. If you have volume
    controls on the external speakers, well, check their volume controls,
    too (and you could hook up a portable radio, tape cassette, or CD player
    to check the external speakers still work).

    adapter that was bad. I just took it off and plugged it into a usb slot.
    Anotherwords it was the adapter that let me plug it into the spot where the
    keyboard is supposed to be right next to the mouse plug. Otherwise this dude
    ripped you off and put back a card in your com that doesn't work but looks
    exactly like your old card. An old rip off trick just make sure the old one
    works. I think if that's the case you can bust his ass good. well good luck
    my friend
    --
    attilathehun1

    "Vanguard" wrote:

    > "Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device
    > > found on
    > > my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?
    >

    > Repaired? That was supposed to describe WHAT got repaired. Maybe the
    > tech restored a drive image before the sound drivers got installed.
    > Maybe the tech forgot to put the sound card back in. Maybe the failure
    > was a sound card that went bad, the tech removed it, and you got it back
    > without the sound card because it wasn't covered under warranty (with
    > that tech) or you didn't buy a replacement. You sure the sound isn't
    > simply set to "mute"? Check the volume control in the tray icon or use
    > the Sound applet in Control Panel to check if the Mute option is off and
    > if the volume level(s) are greater than zero. If you have volume
    > controls on the external speakers, well, check their volume controls,
    > too (and you could hook up a portable radio, tape cassette, or CD player
    > to check the external speakers still work).

  5. how do I get my sond back?
  6. how do I get my sond back?
  7. Hello,

    Its difficult to answer as your very vague on your descrition, but all depends on how you lost it.

    If you unplugged the speakers, plug them back in again.
    If you pressed mute, then press mute again.
    If you took the sound card out, then put it back in again.
    If you uninstalled the drivers, install them again.
    If you turned the volume off on the speakers, turn them back on again.
    If you turned the speakers off at the wall socket, turn them back on again.

Hardware Computers Microsoft Windows XP