How Do I Get My Sound Back

June 18, 2005 9:59:01 AM

My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device found on
my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?

More about : sound back

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:43:24 PM

Andreamp,
Take it back to the repair shop and have them fix your sound, it worked
before you took it to them I assume, and you do have your speakers
plugged into the correct connector.
Treeman

--
Treeman

June 18, 2005 3:09:16 PM

"Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device found
> on
> my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?

Take it back to the guy who repaired it and tell him to make it work.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

June 18, 2005 4:27:40 PM

"Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device
> found on
> my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?

Repaired? That was supposed to describe WHAT got repaired. Maybe the
tech restored a drive image before the sound drivers got installed.
Maybe the tech forgot to put the sound card back in. Maybe the failure
was a sound card that went bad, the tech removed it, and you got it back
without the sound card because it wasn't covered under warranty (with
that tech) or you didn't buy a replacement. You sure the sound isn't
simply set to "mute"? Check the volume control in the tray icon or use
the Sound applet in Control Panel to check if the Mute option is off and
if the volume level(s) are greater than zero. If you have volume
controls on the external speakers, well, check their volume controls,
too (and you could hook up a portable radio, tape cassette, or CD player
to check the external speakers still work).
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:02:01 AM

adapter that was bad. I just took it off and plugged it into a usb slot.
Anotherwords it was the adapter that let me plug it into the spot where the
keyboard is supposed to be right next to the mouse plug. Otherwise this dude
ripped you off and put back a card in your com that doesn't work but looks
exactly like your old card. An old rip off trick just make sure the old one
works. I think if that's the case you can bust his ass good. well good luck
my friend
--
attilathehun1

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Andreamp" <Andreamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer just got repaired and now says there is no sound device
> > found on
> > my computer so i have no sound whatsoever. Helppppppp?
>

> Repaired? That was supposed to describe WHAT got repaired. Maybe the
> tech restored a drive image before the sound drivers got installed.
> Maybe the tech forgot to put the sound card back in. Maybe the failure
> was a sound card that went bad, the tech removed it, and you got it back
> without the sound card because it wasn't covered under warranty (with
> that tech) or you didn't buy a replacement. You sure the sound isn't
> simply set to "mute"? Check the volume control in the tray icon or use
> the Sound applet in Control Panel to check if the Mute option is off and
> if the volume level(s) are greater than zero. If you have volume
> controls on the external speakers, well, check their volume controls,
> too (and you could hook up a portable radio, tape cassette, or CD player
> to check the external speakers still work).

Anonymous
April 19, 2009 2:22:44 PM

how do I get my sond back?
Anonymous
April 19, 2009 2:23:34 PM

how do I get my sond back?
April 19, 2009 7:24:06 PM

Hello,

Its difficult to answer as your very vague on your descrition, but all depends on how you lost it.

If you unplugged the speakers, plug them back in again.
If you pressed mute, then press mute again.
If you took the sound card out, then put it back in again.
If you uninstalled the drivers, install them again.
If you turned the volume off on the speakers, turn them back on again.
If you turned the speakers off at the wall socket, turn them back on again.
!