  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 1:49:57 PM

Hi,
I have a small home NW, host running xp home connected via ethernet to
wireless router and one pc and one laptop both running xp home evrything
works fine and they can all share the network printer.
I have one other laptop that because of its spec is running win 98 SE it is
on the network and is using a Belkin 801.g 54g network card but I cannot get
it to share the network printer. This is what I do.

on the laptop I go to add printer>>>>>> Network printer....... it then asks
me to add path or queue name or browse for printer. When I click browse it
does not show a network printer and will not allow me to view the entire
network saying that the network is not accessible.

On my host machine I go to add network printer select the name of my printer
and then get a an additional message that says if the other machines that
are sharing your printer are running different os's then please install the
necessary drivers, where from? I have a HP Photosmart 1000 printer installed
on the network with xp drivers, there are no compatible drivers on the win
98 cd so how do I get the laptop to use the network printer?

Step by step guide if you could please

More about : printer sharing

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:57:17 AM

Like you've figured out, you'll need to get the Win 98 driver for the
printer. You can try this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&...

Rajiv
newsgroup purposes only.