dvdrom & cd burnerm not showing on computer

Up until recently, my dvdrom and cdburner hasnt been showing up on my
computer. I showes in the device manager but not in"my computer". I have
tried uninstalling and reinstalling but doesn't work. I have ran a virus
scan; i have tried to restore my computer to a day that i know my roms were
working. All i get is this error message. "Windows cannot start this hardware
device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
or damaged. (Code 19) " Anyone knows what this means and how to get my roms
back in "my computer"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

never mind. I fixed it. It had something to do with EZ CD Creator 5
Platinum. I got it from a friend so I didnt waist any money on deleting it
off my hard drive. I will not be reinstalling the program.

"Patty" wrote:

> Up until recently, my dvdrom and cdburner hasnt been showing up on my
> computer. I showes in the device manager but not in"my computer". I have
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling but doesn't work. I have ran a virus
> scan; i have tried to restore my computer to a day that i know my roms were
> working. All i get is this error message. "Windows cannot start this hardware
> device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
> or damaged. (Code 19) " Anyone knows what this means and how to get my roms
> back in "my computer"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

attilathehun1

"Patty" wrote:

> Up until recently, my dvdrom and cdburner hasnt been showing up on my
> computer. I showes in the device manager but not in"my computer". I have
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling but doesn't work. I have ran a virus
> scan; i have tried to restore my computer to a day that i know my roms were
> working. All i get is this error message. "Windows cannot start this hardware
> device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
> or damaged. (Code 19) " Anyone knows what this means and how to get my roms
> back in "my computer"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

well maybe the whole shabang is bad. hopefully you kept your receipt. I mean
the dvdrom and cd burner. Otherwise maybe you have something checked or not
checked if they are running correctly but just not showing. I"m no com whiz
yet but I'm getting there I'm taking classes online now at el camino and have
a neighbor who IS a com whiz. Good Luck
--
attilathehun1

"Patty" wrote:

> never mind. I fixed it. It had something to do with EZ CD Creator 5
> Platinum. I got it from a friend so I didnt waist any money on deleting it
> off my hard drive. I will not be reinstalling the program.
>
> "Patty" wrote:
>
> > Up until recently, my dvdrom and cdburner hasnt been showing up on my
> > computer. I showes in the device manager but not in"my computer". I have
> > tried uninstalling and reinstalling but doesn't work. I have ran a virus
> > scan; i have tried to restore my computer to a day that i know my roms were
> > working. All i get is this error message. "Windows cannot start this hardware
> > device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
> > or damaged. (Code 19) " Anyone knows what this means and how to get my roms
> > back in "my computer"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Good luck in your classes and read the questions carefully before you
answer.