bought a new sound card

someone told me I couldn't have windows running while I uninstall the drivers
for my present sound on my dell 8300. I don't have a sound card in it now so
I was told it's was on my motherboard. I bought a new sound card so I know
I'll have to install the cd disc that comes with it for installation. My
question is can't I just uninstall the sound while my computer is running
windows? I have windows xp on my computer now. someone told something about
bios has to be running or something like that. Thanks for your help.
--
attilathehun1

If you have integrated sound, you may have to disable it in BIOS.. check
with Dell..

Re. installing the new sound card, power off before installing the card into
a slot.. restart, and load drivers and support software from the supplied
CD..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User