Tyran going to make any DUAL core dual CPU mobos ??

Amd or Intell boards ??

Somthing to look foward to.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about tyran make dual core dual mobos
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Hi, good news, dual core will be capable on most any Opteron motherboard,
    its same socket, maybe updated bios thats all. Microsoft counts 1 socket as
    1 license, whether its dual or quad.

    Doug
    www.lynnncomp.com

    --
    >This email was scanned and declared virus free by
    Norton Antivirus<
    "Helllo" <scampy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Amd or Intell boards ??
    >
    > Somthing to look foward to.
    >
    > Thanks.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Helllo wrote:

    > Amd or Intell boards ??
    >
    > Somthing to look foward to.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Initial AMD dual-core chips will be only for Socket 940
    motherboards and will be compatible with all of the the current
    Socket 940 motherboards. If a motherboard's manufacturer
    properly followed AMD's initial Socket 940 thermal/electrical
    specifications then dual-core compatibility is guaranteed for
    that motherboard. At most a BIOS upgrade will be needed so that
    the chip is properly identified at POST.

    When Socket 939 versions of those chips eventually appear they
    will also be backwards compatible. Ditto for when Socket 1270
    motherboards and chips are slated to appear - Q2 2006, IIRC.
    Dual-core for Socket 754 is not going to happen.

    No idea what is supposed to happen with Intel's dual-core chips
    insofar as mobo compatibility is concerned.

    --
    Every cloud has a silver lining, even if you sometimes
    have to drop a little acid before you can see it.

    Lynn Computer Products wrote:

    [SNIP]

    > Doug
    > www.lynnncomp.com

    Anything to say about when you might have some S2895's in stock ?

    The sooner the better for me. A friend of mine is impatient to
    replace his S2885 - and the sooner he does that, the sooner I can
    get my hands on his old S2885 and build my own dualie.

    --
    Every cloud has a silver lining, even if you sometimes
    have to drop a little acid before you can see it.

Tyan CPUs Dual Core AMD Motherboards