Envelopes w/Epson stylus photo

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints envelopes,
the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I can't get it to.
There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that I followed to the
letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out my envelope with nothing
printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me through it?

Jim Beaver

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Print on a sheet of paper first to see the print location. The print image may
have to be moved.

Jim Beaver wrote:

> I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints
> envelopes, the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I
> can't get it to. There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that
> I followed to the letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out
> my envelope with nothing printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me
> through it?

It's probably printing in an area you're not expecting. I've seen that
myself, where the actual printing doesn't match the illustration of
where it should be printing according to the way you have it configured.
Print to a piece of full-sized paper, and see where it's actually
putting the content; feed your envelope accordingly.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jim Beaver wrote:
> I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints envelopes,
> the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I can't get it to.
> There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that I followed to the
> letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out my envelope with nothing
> printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me through it?
>
> Jim Beaver

Sounds like the orientation of the "paper" either in the setup.

Or the envelope is too short and feeds straigh through.

Like others feed a sheet of paper in first to check.