Envelopes w/Epson stylus photo

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints envelopes,
the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I can't get it to.
There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that I followed to the
letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out my envelope with nothing
printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me through it?

Jim Beaver
3 answers Last reply
More about envelopes epson stylus photo
  1. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Print on a sheet of paper first to see the print location. The print image may
    have to be moved.
    "Jim Beaver" <jumblejim@prodigy.spam> wrote in message
    > I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints envelopes,
    > the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I can't get it to.
    > There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that I followed to the
    > letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out my envelope with nothing
    > printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me through it?
    >
    > Jim Beaver

  2. Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Jim Beaver wrote:

    > I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints
    > envelopes, the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I
    > can't get it to. There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that
    > I followed to the letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out
    > my envelope with nothing printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me
    > through it?

    It's probably printing in an area you're not expecting. I've seen that
    myself, where the actual printing doesn't match the illustration of
    where it should be printing according to the way you have it configured.
    Print to a piece of full-sized paper, and see where it's actually
    putting the content; feed your envelope accordingly.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
    Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

    Jim Beaver wrote:
    > I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX. The manual says it prints envelopes,
    > the customer support system says it prints envelopes, but I can't get it to.
    > There's an animated tutorial at Epson's website that I followed to the
    > letter (no pun intended), but the printer spits out my envelope with nothing
    > printed on it. Can anyone help? Walk me through it?
    >
    > Jim Beaver

    Sounds like the orientation of the "paper" either in the setup.

    Or the envelope is too short and feeds straigh through.

    Like others feed a sheet of paper in first to check.

Printers Stylus Photo Epson Peripherals