External harddrive 2.5

I have an 60 gig external drive 2.5 inch USB 2.0 which works fine on my A4D
ASUS laptop untill i try and disconnect when it says it cannot as another
program is accesing it. This does not change with time. I am currently
running XP with server pac 2. Any help would be apriciated i have disabled
everything with no help to the situation

"springbox" <springbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an 60 gig external drive 2.5 inch USB 2.0 which works fine on my
A4D
> ASUS laptop untill i try and disconnect when it says it cannot as another
> program is accesing it. This does not change with time. I am currently
> running XP with server pac 2. Any help would be apriciated i have disabled
> everything with no help to the situation

Sometimes logging off helps, and sometimes a reboot is required.

"springbox" <springbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an 60 gig external drive 2.5 inch USB 2.0 which works fine on my A4D
> ASUS laptop untill i try and disconnect when it says it cannot as another
> program is accesing it. This does not change with time. I am currently
> running XP with server pac 2. Any help would be apriciated i have disabled
> everything with no help to the situation

Also, try using the Safely Remove Hardware feature in the notification area
(system tray).