Adding Hardware problem

When I try to add new hardware, Windows tells me that i can only add one item
at a time and that there is another installation in progress. How can I stop
this process and what does this mean? Also when I go to device manager, it
keeps refreshing about every second, are these two related? My computer is
not recognising my CD Burner again
Please any help will be a life saver.

I cannot help you but mine is doing the same thing,, can anyone help both of
us?? Fnash

"piper" wrote:

> When I try to add new hardware, Windows tells me that i can only add one item
> at a time and that there is another installation in progress. How can I stop
> this process and what does this mean? Also when I go to device manager, it
> keeps refreshing about every second, are these two related? My computer is
> not recognising my CD Burner again
> Please any help will be a life saver.

Please have had only one response to this question. Also my computer is
running real slow????

"fnash" wrote:

> I cannot help you but mine is doing the same thing,, can anyone help both of
> us?? Fnash
>
> "piper" wrote:
>
> > When I try to add new hardware, Windows tells me that i can only add one item
> > at a time and that there is another installation in progress. How can I stop
> > this process and what does this mean? Also when I go to device manager, it
> > keeps refreshing about every second, are these two related? My computer is
> > not recognising my CD Burner again
> > Please any help will be a life saver.

TRENDING THREADS