UK : Jamma Cabinets Market Dead?

hp

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Lots on Sale on Ebay....... and no bids........ including Jamma/Monitor/Game
offers on 99pence.

Maybe everyone who wants a Jamma Cabinet for Mame has got one by now.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* HP wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Lots on Sale on Ebay....... and no bids........ including Jamma/Monitor/Game
> offers on 99pence.

> Maybe everyone who wants a Jamma Cabinet for Mame has got one by now.

Or everyone that wants one dosent want to use Scam Bay to obtain one.

--
David
Better hope you get what you want before you stop wanting it.

SINNER wrote:
> * HP wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Lots on Sale on Ebay....... and no bids........ including
>> Jamma/Monitor/Game offers on 99pence.
>
>> Maybe everyone who wants a Jamma Cabinet for Mame has got one by now.
>
> Or everyone that wants one dosent want to use Scam Bay to obtain one.

Given that you are almost certainly going to collect the cab in person ,
arcade machines are pretty safe things to buy on ebay.

It's just as much because the number of commercial sites with cabinets has
shrunk to almost zero now.
Ten years ago every take-away and pub had one or two machines.

Now the only places that do are arcades with rows of pound-a-go monsters
with the difficulty set to maximum , and they have no interest in old
machines

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:27:29 +0000 (UTC), "HP"
<NoEmailPlease@Email.Com> wrote:

>Lots on Sale on Ebay....... and no bids........ including Jamma/Monitor/Game
>offers on 99pence.
>
>Maybe everyone who wants a Jamma Cabinet for Mame has got one by now.

Three years ago when I was building MAME cabs quite frequently a
decent JAMMA cab with a good monitor was fetching £100+ and I was
happy to pay, knowing the resultant MAME cab would fetch £500+

In contrast, I've just sold a perfectly good Midway Pac-Man upright,
with original game board and new artwork to put on for £350. And it's
an excellent nick cab! OK, I needed the space and it had to go - but
£350? Did I mention there was a brand new Hantarex Popo in there as
well?

Cab prices and board prices are lower than a snakes belly at the
moment.

A fully converted MAME cab went for £250 (reserve not met) on
eBay.co.uk just last week.

Sad days......

Cheers,
Terra Cresta

PC Arcade
http://www.pcarcade.tv

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
> SINNER wrote:
>> * HP wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>> Lots on Sale on Ebay....... and no bids........ including
>>> Jamma/Monitor/Game offers on 99pence.
>>
>>> Maybe everyone who wants a Jamma Cabinet for Mame has got one by
>>> now.
>>
>> Or everyone that wants one dosent want to use Scam Bay to obtain one.
>
> Given that you are almost certainly going to collect the cab in
> person , arcade machines are pretty safe things to buy on ebay.
>
> It's just as much because the number of commercial sites with
> cabinets has shrunk to almost zero now.
> Ten years ago every take-away and pub had one or two machines.
>
> Now the only places that do are arcades with rows of pound-a-go
> monsters with the difficulty set to maximum , and they have no
> interest in old machines

I had no takers at all for the few cabs I advertised a couple of years ago
and ended up skipping most of them as we needed the space but I've had 2
people ring in the last few weeks, both wanting cabs to MAME. It seems that
I'm totally out of sync with the swings of the cab market.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:06:20 +0100, "James Hart"
<news1@jameshart.co.uk> wrote:

>Dr Zoidberg wrote:
>> SINNER wrote:

>>> Or everyone that wants one dosent want to use Scam Bay to obtain one.
>>
>> Given that you are almost certainly going to collect the cab in
>> person , arcade machines are pretty safe things to buy on ebay.
>>
>> It's just as much because the number of commercial sites with
>> cabinets has shrunk to almost zero now.
>> Ten years ago every take-away and pub had one or two machines.
>>
>> Now the only places that do are arcades with rows of pound-a-go
>> monsters with the difficulty set to maximum , and they have no
>> interest in old machines
>
>I had no takers at all for the few cabs I advertised a couple of years ago
>and ended up skipping most of them as we needed the space but I've had 2
>people ring in the last few weeks, both wanting cabs to MAME. It seems that
>I'm totally out of sync with the swings of the cab market.

You and me both my friend - I bought when gear was expensive, and when
I came to sell, it's all going for peanuts ;-)

Cheers,
Terra Cresta

PC Arcade
http://www.pcarcade.tv