Epson Stylus Photo 785 epx

I've recently installed Windows XP and cannot get my printer to work
with the system. XP has crashed every time I get to the end of any
installation procedure. I have downloaded the XP compatible driver
(10084.exe) from the Epson website, I have tried the printer on both
my USB ports. I have tested other devices on these ports. Can anyone
help me get this printer running? The MS website does not list this
printer as compatible with XP. If not, does this mean that I need a
new printer? CNet recommends the Epson R800 as the current best home
photo printer. Any agreement? disagreement?)

I have the 785 on two computers at home with XP running and no problems at
all. I also have the R800 and I love it.

"Penny Munson" <pjomoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've recently installed Windows XP and cannot get my printer to work
> with the system. XP has crashed every time I get to the end of any
> installation procedure. I have downloaded the XP compatible driver
> (10084.exe) from the Epson website, I have tried the printer on both
> my USB ports. I have tested other devices on these ports. Can anyone
> help me get this printer running? The MS website does not list this
> printer as compatible with XP. If not, does this mean that I need a
> new printer? CNet recommends the Epson R800 as the current best home
> photo printer. Any agreement? disagreement?)

You put the envelope all the way to the right. If you have created it
correctly in your software there shouldn't be a problem.

"Penny Munson" <pjomoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've recently installed Windows XP and cannot get my printer to work
> with the system. XP has crashed every time I get to the end of any
> installation procedure. I have downloaded the XP compatible driver
> (10084.exe) from the Epson website, I have tried the printer on both
> my USB ports. I have tested other devices on these ports. Can anyone
> help me get this printer running? The MS website does not list this
> printer as compatible with XP. If not, does this mean that I need a
> new printer? CNet recommends the Epson R800 as the current best home
> photo printer. Any agreement? disagreement?)

Hi guys. One response to my original message (below) said that
respondant ran 2 785EPXs on XP and had no problems. Can someone
suggest how I could configure mine to run on XP?

Thanks.

pjomoo@yahoo.com (Penny Munson) wrote in message news:<afad1cb.0407181007.5812bb60@posting.google.com>...
> I've recently installed Windows XP and cannot get my printer to work
> with the system. XP has crashed every time I get to the end of any
> installation procedure. I have downloaded the XP compatible driver
> (10084.exe) from the Epson website, I have tried the printer on both
> my USB ports. I have tested other devices on these ports. Can anyone
> help me get this printer running? The MS website does not list this
> printer as compatible with XP. If not, does this mean that I need a
> new printer? CNet recommends the Epson R800 as the current best home
> photo printer. Any agreement? disagreement?)

I just used the driver I downloaded from the Epson website, installed it and
it ran fine. Nothing else I needed to do to use my 785 with XP.