Tiger K8W (S2875) Opteron EE

Hello,

does anyone know wether Opteron EE (the low-voltage versions
with just 1,15V and 22,5A at 1,4GHz) are supported on Tyan
Tiger K8W S2875 mainboard?

I am especially interested in if the Processors will not only
run on the mainboard (maybe they do but are recognized as
normal Opterons and powered with 1,4V) but if they will be
recognized as "EE" and run with the proper voltages?

Tyan's CPU support chart does not tell anything about EE and
HE versions.

Thanks,
Tony Neumann
2 answers Last reply
More about tiger s2875 opteron
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Tony Neumann wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know wether Opteron EE (the low-voltage versions
    > with just 1,15V and 22,5A at 1,4GHz) are supported on Tyan
    > Tiger K8W S2875 mainboard?
    >
    > I am especially interested in if the Processors will not only
    > run on the mainboard (maybe they do but are recognized as
    > normal Opterons and powered with 1,4V) but if they will be
    > recognized as "EE" and run with the proper voltages?
    >

    > Tyan's CPU support chart does not tell anything about EE and
    > HE versions.

    I e-mailed Tyan about exactly this issue a few months ago.
    They replied that all of their S28xx boards properly support the
    HE and EE processors.

    --
    Every cloud has a silver lining, even if you sometimes
    have to drop a little acid before you can see it.

    Am Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:18:41 GMT hat Rob Stow <rob.stow.nospam@shaw.ca>
    geschrieben:

    > I e-mailed Tyan about exactly this issue a few months ago.
    > They replied that all of their S28xx boards properly support the HE and
    > EE processors.

    Thank you for the quick reply. Therefore the next step is to
    find out who sells EE models to end customers here in Germany...

Tiger Tyan Opteron Motherboards