K7X/W2k - Other PCI Bridge Device driver problem

I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
(S2468) motherboard.
I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
problem.
Anyone else run into this and found a solution?

Rich
8 answers Last reply
More about bridge device driver problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Dick wrote:

    > I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
    > (S2468) motherboard.
    > I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
    > cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
    > problem.

    In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
    connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?

    Bryan

    > Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
    >
    > Rich
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    wrote:

    >Dick wrote:
    >>
    >> I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
    >> (S2468) motherboard.
    >> I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
    >> cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
    >> problem.
    >
    >In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
    >connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?
    >
    >Bryan
    >
    >> Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
    >>
    >> Rich

    Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
    driver on AMD's website
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <r_a_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Dick wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
    >>> (S2468) motherboard.
    >>> I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
    >>> cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
    >>> problem.
    >>
    >>In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
    >>connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?
    >>
    >>Bryan
    >>
    >>> Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
    >>>
    >>> Rich
    >
    >Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
    >driver on AMD's website

    I am having the same problem. Would you post the link to that driver
    please?

    Thanks.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <r_a_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    >wrote:
    >

    >Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
    >driver on AMD's website

    Well I found and installed it and it resolves the problem with the
    device. Any idea what the device is supposed to do?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    charles wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <r_a_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    > >wrote:
    > >

    > >Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
    > >driver on AMD's website
    >
    > Well I found and installed it and it resolves the problem with the
    > device. Any idea what the device is supposed to do?

    AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
    standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.

    Bryan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:57:00 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    wrote:

    >AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
    >standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.
    >
    >Bryan

    Thanks that's about what I figured too. Doesn't seem to be any effect
    here (S2466) with it on or off that I can see anyway.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    charles wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:57:00 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
    > >standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.
    > >
    > >Bryan
    >
    > Thanks that's about what I figured too. Doesn't seem to be any effect
    > here (S2466) with it on or off that I can see anyway.

    There are also options in the bios (s2462 anyway). I assume OS
    environment software takes precedence -- in Windows there are options
    from the Power button on the Screen Saver tab of Display Properties.

    The various modes, on wake up, lock up my system -- I assume I have one
    or more expansion cards that are not conforming to the standard.

    Bryan
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:46:57 -0500, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    wrote:

    >The various modes, on wake up, lock up my system -- I assume I have one
    >or more expansion cards that are not conforming to the standard.
    >
    >Bryan

    Option settings haven't had any noticeable effect at all on my S2466. I
    had been hoping that I'd get this windows2000 machine to power down on
    exit which I never did get to work when it was on a S2460.

Tyan PCI Device Driver Motherboards