HP4600 Streaking artifact

Hi all,
I have black streaks beginning to appear on all output of my
HP4600dn. This is a relatively new printer with less than 3000 total
pages. I have scoured the HP website but am not turning up any useful
information. Any ideas of the cause. Bad black toner cartridge etc.?

TIA

Bob

<< I have black streaks beginning to appear on all output of my
HP4600dn. This is a relatively new printer with less than 3000 total
pages. >>

Bob-

My HP4600 came with cartridges that were each about a quarter full, according
to the display.

I've already had to replace the black cartridge, and it had only made around
1000 prints. Did you replace your black cartridge yet? Did the streaks start
shortly afterwards?

I've heard from a printer maintenance person at work, that HP has a problem
with defective cartridges on the HP4600, and should "make it good". You might
contact HP and ask them.

Fred

Douglas

I had an HP 4500DN,after it breaking down 5 times in less than a year,I
recieved the 4600 in place of it.This new 4600 was nothing but trouble.HP
sent new toner twice.Both times after about 500 copies,I got black
streaks.The HP service person could not find anything wrong with the printer
itself.I am now the PROUD owner of a Minolta 3300DN!