wireless com

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

i have a wireless notebook; a wireless printer; and a hardwired pc. i'm using
the wireless printer for both computers thru a 4 port linksys router. is
there a way i can communicate between computers? ie. transfer files, work on
one from another.

nope, you will need to make your desktop wireless.

"Milt" <Milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a wireless notebook; a wireless printer; and a hardwired pc. i'm
>using
> the wireless printer for both computers thru a 4 port linksys router. is
> there a way i can communicate between computers? ie. transfer files, work
> on
> one from another.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

"DLink Guru" <rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> nope, you will need to make your desktop wireless.

If he's already sharing a printer, why can't he share files?

--
Pete

> "Milt" <Milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have a wireless notebook; a wireless printer; and a hardwired pc. i'm
> >using
> > the wireless printer for both computers thru a 4 port linksys router. is
> > there a way i can communicate between computers? ie. transfer files,
work
> > on
> > one from another.

He is using a wireless printer, the radio in the printer will not share
files from the desktop.
"Pete" <pete@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

> "DLink Guru" <rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> nope, you will need to make your desktop wireless.
>
> If he's already sharing a printer, why can't he share files?
>
> --
> Pete
>

>> "Milt" <Milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have a wireless notebook; a wireless printer; and a hardwired pc. i'm
>> >using
>> > the wireless printer for both computers thru a 4 port linksys router.
>> > is
>> > there a way i can communicate between computers? ie. transfer files,
> work
>> > on
>> > one from another.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Is the router wireless? if so then you can share files I do it all the time

steve