NTFS-partition not accessable in Windows XP

I have the problem, that I want to access under WinXP SP2 a harddisk which
contains a NTFS-Partition created with Windows 2000 SP4. I thought, that this
is no problem as NTFS should be the same in that two Windows versions but it
isn't easy. If I look into the computer administration I see the Harddisk, I
see the partition as a fault free NTFS-partition, but I cannot assign a drive
letter. The only option in the context-menu is to delete the partition but I
don't want this...

How can I access this NTFS-partition under WinXP SP2?

fyi. the partition is not crypted and works fine under Win2000
2 answers Last reply
More about ntfs partition accessable windows

    Could it be a hidden primary partition?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the problem, that I want to access under WinXP SP2 a harddisk which
    > contains a NTFS-Partition created with Windows 2000 SP4. I thought, that
    > this
    > is no problem as NTFS should be the same in that two Windows versions but
    > it
    > isn't easy. If I look into the computer administration I see the Harddisk,
    > see the partition as a fault free NTFS-partition, but I cannot assign a
    > drive
    > letter. The only option in the context-menu is to delete the partition but
    > don't want this...
    >
    > How can I access this NTFS-partition under WinXP SP2?
    >
    > fyi. the partition is not crypted and works fine under Win2000

    I've forgotten: the partition is a primary but not hidden partition... And if
    I access this harddisk under Windows 2000 everything works without the need
    to do anything.

    Johnny

    "Richard Urban" schrieb:

    > Could it be a hidden primary partition?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban

    > "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the problem, that I want to access under WinXP SP2 a harddisk which
    > > contains a NTFS-Partition created with Windows 2000 SP4. I thought, that
    > > this
    > > is no problem as NTFS should be the same in that two Windows versions but
    > > it
    > > isn't easy. If I look into the computer administration I see the Harddisk,
    > > see the partition as a fault free NTFS-partition, but I cannot assign a
    > > drive
    > > letter. The only option in the context-menu is to delete the partition but
    > > don't want this...
    > >
    > > How can I access this NTFS-partition under WinXP SP2?
    > >
    > > fyi. the partition is not crypted and works fine under Win2000

NTFS Partition Windows XP