Tyan S1598

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 10, 2005 10:55:08 PM

Fixing an old super7 w/AMD 2/450, purchased sdram 256 32x64 PC 133.
I know this computer only uses pc 100 but the pc 133 was cheaper. XP only
sees 128k. Any help would be appreciated

More about : tyan s1598

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2005 3:32:53 AM

Norm wrote:

> Fixing an old super7 w/AMD 2/450, purchased sdram 256 32x64 PC 133.
> I know this computer only uses pc 100 but the pc 133 was cheaper. XP only
> sees 128k. Any help would be appreciated

Take the RAM back. Its density is too high for that board. For a 256
stick to work it must have at least 16 discrete RAM chips. It'll
probably be easier to get a pair of 128 sticks.
--
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
Matthew 7:12 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/

March 11, 2005 9:46:27 AM

"Felix Miata" <UgaddaBkidding.due2UCE@dev.nul> wrote in message
> Norm wrote:
>
>> Fixing an old super7 w/AMD 2/450, purchased sdram 256 32x64 PC 133.
>> I know this computer only uses pc 100 but the pc 133 was cheaper. XP only
>> sees 128k. Any help would be appreciated
>
> Take the RAM back. Its density is too high for that board. For a 256
> stick to work it must have at least 16 discrete RAM chips. It'll
> probably be easier to get a pair of 128 sticks.
> --
> "In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
> Matthew 7:12 NIV
>
> Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
>
> Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/

> Newsgroups
> =----

Thanks for the reply...I resolved my problem.
I have another computer with an older socket A (ASUS A7V) and switched the
RAM...everything is working fine!!...:-)
!