HELP!!! Please. When adding hardware

When I try to install new hardware with the Add new hardware in CP, I get an
error message saying that I cannot perform two device installations at one
time and that my computer is currently installing hardware to wait until this
on eis finished and try again. I am not installing anything and this has
been going on for about a week, since adding home networking to my computer.
I have looked in task manager to see if the new hardware wizard was running
and it is not showing up as an application running. any advice out there?
2nd post.

Did you reboot the PC in between the two hardware installations?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"piper" <piper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to install new hardware with the Add new hardware in CP, I get
> an
> error message saying that I cannot perform two device installations at one
> time and that my computer is currently installing hardware to wait until
> this
> on eis finished and try again. I am not installing anything and this has
> been going on for about a week, since adding home networking to my
> computer.
> I have looked in task manager to see if the new hardware wizard was
> running
> and it is not showing up as an application running. any advice out there?
> 2nd post.

Yes have rebooted several times. I don't know what it could be trying to
install, it has been like this for about a week now. I am having problems
with my CD Burner going away for no reason and have tried all the fixes in
here, but nothing helps. So I was going to just reinstall the driver for it.
It is an external Iomega CD-RW/DVD Combo.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you reboot the PC in between the two hardware installations?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "piper" <piper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to install new hardware with the Add new hardware in CP, I get
> > an
> > error message saying that I cannot perform two device installations at one
> > time and that my computer is currently installing hardware to wait until
> > this
> > on eis finished and try again. I am not installing anything and this has
> > been going on for about a week, since adding home networking to my
> > computer.
> > I have looked in task manager to see if the new hardware wizard was
> > running
> > and it is not showing up as an application running. any advice out there?
> > 2nd post.

Is anyone going to help me with this?

"piper" wrote:

> Yes have rebooted several times. I don't know what it could be trying to
> install, it has been like this for about a week now. I am having problems
> with my CD Burner going away for no reason and have tried all the fixes in
> here, but nothing helps. So I was going to just reinstall the driver for it.
> It is an external Iomega CD-RW/DVD Combo.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Did you reboot the PC in between the two hardware installations?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "piper" <piper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to install new hardware with the Add new hardware in CP, I get
> > > an
> > > error message saying that I cannot perform two device installations at one
> > > time and that my computer is currently installing hardware to wait until
> > > this
> > > on eis finished and try again. I am not installing anything and this has
> > > been going on for about a week, since adding home networking to my
> > > computer.
> > > I have looked in task manager to see if the new hardware wizard was
> > > running
> > > and it is not showing up as an application running. any advice out there?
> > > 2nd post.

About the only advice I can offer is to open Device manager and look for
items with errors. Click View, Show Hidden, to get everything to appear.
It may be that you have "broken" hardware and that's why the "CD burner"
comes and goes.