USB Device Malfunctioned / Not Recognized

Well My problem is little same as here :
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Har...Q_20915592.html

My problem is when I plug a USB Bluetooth adaptor into USB port
Windows Xp(Sp2) installed drivers itself but If I restart my pc it
says USB device not Recognized and I have to plug the Bluetooth
adaptor in another port and windows XP again install drivers itself. I
have this problem with all USB devices.

BTW : I did some googeling and try to solve the problem.I tried to

1. System Properties / Hardware / Device Manager / Universall Serial
Bus Controllers / USB Root Hub / Properties / Power Management and
unmark the option for power save.

2. Delete all registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB

3. Uninstall and re-install drivers.

4. Update BIOS , Chipset and USB drivers from intel.com

5. Re-install Windoze Xp

There is a solution of this problem on http://www.experts-exchange.com
but I have to pay some $s.

System Info :

[Conflicts/Sharing]
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics
Controller

[IRQs]

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 3 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller - 24C3 OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2 OK
IRQ 17 Realtek AC’97 Audio OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4 OK
IRQ 20 Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection OK
IRQ 21 TV Card 7130 OK
IRQ 22 Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD OK

OS Name:Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version:5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Anti-Virus: Norton Antivirus 2005

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
AnkitC

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-USB-Device-Malfunctioned-Recognized-ftopict548742.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1735880

Someone on one of the newsgroups to which I am subscribed suggested not
only closing down my computer but also switching it off at the mains
socket. Seemingly this allows any residual current on the motherboard
or any stray capacitance to discharge.
Believe it or not it worked! I now have all my USB ports and devices
working as I want them.
Hope it works for you - it must be worth a try.
Go figure!
Treeman

--
Treeman

"Treeman" wrote:
> Someone on one of the newsgroups to which I am subscribed
> suggested not
> only closing down my computer but also switching it off at the
> mains
> socket. Seemingly this allows any residual current on the
> motherboard
> or any stray capacitance to discharge.
> Believe it or not it worked! I now have all my USB ports and
> devices
> working as I want them.
> Hope it works for you - it must be worth a try.
> Go figure!
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> ----------
> Treeman's Profile:
> http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Thanks for your advise but unfortunately it didnt work for me.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-USB-Device-Malfunctioned-Recognized-ftopict548742.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1737297

AnkitC,
Here's a KB article on SP2 & Bluetooth connectivity;
'How to troubleshoot Bluetooth '
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883258)
I'm assuming that your Usb ports work with other peripherals.
I have seen threads where the answer was to install the 3rd. party
drivers.
The how-to is at the bottom of the article.
Hope you get it running.
Best,
Treeman

--