PCI to PCMCIA adaptor using PLX9052 chip.

Hi,
I have recently got one of my desktops running WinXP Pro. I want to connect
it to my home network using a PCMCIA wireless network card and a PCI to
PCMCIA bridge adaptor to slot into one of the free PCI slots in the PC.
I know this card works because it was previously running in a Linux system
(sorry for swearing).
The PCI to PCMCIA adaptor is based on the PLX9052 chip.

Are there are any XP drivers for this device? I can't find any on the CD
which cam with either XP or the card itself.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Nick
1 answer Last reply
More about pcmcia adaptor plx9052 chip

    In news:DCDCA74F-A7CC-4D57-B62B-A7FD2734D12F@microsoft.com,
    Nick <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    > I have recently got one of my desktops running WinXP Pro. I want to
    > connect it to my home network using a PCMCIA wireless network card
    > and a PCI to PCMCIA bridge adaptor to slot into one of the free PCI
    > slots in the PC.
    > I know this card works because it was previously running in a Linux
    > system (sorry for swearing).
    > The PCI to PCMCIA adaptor is based on the PLX9052 chip.
    >
    > Are there are any XP drivers for this device? I can't find any on the
    > CD which cam with either XP or the card itself.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Nick

    If XP doesn't auto-detect it than look for 2k drivers on the disk as those
    generally do the trick. Sometimes you will need to force it by finding the
    ..inf file, right clicking, and selecting install and then doing the add
    hardware wizard. If you can't find them try the manufacturer's site or try
    www.driverguide.com where the user is drivers and the password is all. (You
    may need to use a non-generic account as that one was slated to be canceled
    in favor of their new system but it might be still working.)

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

PCMCIA PCI Windows XP