PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

ok desperately need help, my other computer was on a network at uni and since
ive come off it whenever i start up my computer it has a black screen with
some wrting then automatically switches to a blue screen trying to start
windows xp from the recovery boot disk i have. if it is not inn the computer
it says to put it in cos it cant boot without it. then after its done
reading the disk the blue screen box appears saying starting windows setup
then after about 15 mins of nothing else it goes onto another blue screen
that says page_fault_in_nonpaged_area stop 0x00000050 and a load of other
things about starting my computer in safe mode. the nly thing i can do it
restart my computer then the whole process starts again. i cant even get
into windows anymore! thats the only thing i can get into. someone please
help me.
--
froogle27

Barry

"froogle27" <froogle27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok desperately need help, my other computer was on a network at uni and
> since
> ive come off it whenever i start up my computer it has a black screen with
> some wrting then automatically switches to a blue screen trying to start
> windows xp from the recovery boot disk i have. if it is not inn the
> computer
> it says to put it in cos it cant boot without it. then after its done
> reading the disk the blue screen box appears saying starting windows setup
> then after about 15 mins of nothing else it goes onto another blue screen
> that says page_fault_in_nonpaged_area stop 0x00000050 and a load of other
> things about starting my computer in safe mode. the nly thing i can do it
> restart my computer then the whole process starts again. i cant even get
> into windows anymore! thats the only thing i can get into. someone
> please
> help me.
> --
> froogle27

do
chkdsk /r on the driove that has your page file on it. Probably c:, ie
chkdsk c: /r

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----