Dell OptiPlex Reboots After Shutdown

Have two brand new Dell OptiPlex machines with WinXP Pro that reboot when
you do a shutdown. They go through the normal shutdown and then start
booting again. I've tried everything I can find on the web about power
management settings and such, and have contacted Dell who ultimately
recommended reinstalling the OS.

Would anyone have any other recommendations before I take the drastic step
of reinstallation? The machines have a ton of production software already
loaded that will take hours to reinstall.

Open the BIOS and use the default BIOS settings.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP