Anyone know about using WebCam for Surveillance?

I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
how to do this?

"GSXR Craig" <nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
> wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
> how to do this?

Many of the Logitech webcams have software to do this; it was on the disk
that came with the camera. At the risk of inciting a flame war, read the
manual that came with the camera. Also, you can use Google. There are
several freeware apps that will do what you want.

Bobby

Thinking outloud, "file compare saved picture from time 1 with saved
picture from time 2" Same? Nothing moved. Different. something changed.
Otherwise google security motion detectors.

GSXR Craig wrote:

> I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
> wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
> how to do this?

You need hardware to detect motion, usually ultra-sonic,
like that used on outdoor security lights. There is am XP
PowerToy that will activate the cam on a schedule. You can
also buy a camera with the hardware built-in. Google for
"security webcam" returns (sample)
Motion Detection Software - Security Webcam: WebCam Monitor
Remote PC video surveillance. Emails you when motion is
detected.
www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx - 40k - Jun 20, 2005 -
Cached - Similar pages

Motion Detection Software - Security Webcam: WebCam
Monitor - Index Remote PC video surveillance. Emails you
when motion is detected.
www.deskshare.com/wcm-help/index.aspx - 26k - Jun
21, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.deskshare.com ]

WebCam Toolkit WebCams for Security. Webcam Toolkit Home.
Using a WebCam for security is becoming an increasingly
common request that we receive here at WebCam.Com. ...
webcam.com/toolkit/default.asp?section=security -
28k - Cached - Similar pages

Cyclops Remote Control Security WebCam Cyclops Remote
Control Security WebCam with autodialer.
www.spooktech.com/remotevideo/cyclosperemotevideo.shtml
- 13k - Cached - Similar pages

TSiVue Webcam Security Software - Reviews and free downloads
at ... TSiVue Webcam Security Software - View camera action
from anywhere in the world or get e-mail alert
notifications. - Review and free download at ...
www.download.com/
TSiVue-Webcam-Security-Software/3000-2348_4-10395545.html -
33k - Cached - Similar pages

TSiVue Webcam Security

some support

"GSXR Craig" <nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is
there any
| wares that I can download to make it motion detected?
Does anyone know
| how to do this?

Try wheresjames.com, used the freeware for few days, ok, has both time and
motion triggers and is set up to store in file.

"GSXR Craig" <nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
> wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
> how to do this?

"GSXR Craig" <nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1119461193.427650.284720@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
> wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
> how to do this?

Download the free HomeSentinel from http://bobday.vze.com and
give it a try.

-- Bob Day

http://www.digi-watcher.com/
himon

On 22-Jun-2005, "George K" <gakingjr@charter.net> wrote:

> Try wheresjames.com, used the freeware for few days, ok, has both time and
>
> motion triggers and is set up to store in file.
>

> "GSXR Craig" <nvr2shy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I currently have an XP machine with a logitech webcam. Is there any
> > wares that I can download to make it motion detected? Does anyone know
> > how to do this?

Also the program "Gotcha" is good.

Tried WatcherForYou?
http://www.comctech.com