  • Hardware
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
June 22, 2005 4:28:18 PM

Win XP will not recognize a CD R/W. Switched player and still the same
message. Says it is not for this platform. Windows will show new hardware
found but will not let me format it because of the above message.. The CD
seemed to run ok before i upgraded to SP2. Thing is it keeps repeating found
new hardware and cannot try to install it manually as it can install only one
item at a time. This is an Asus MB and the CPU is Celeron D 2.4. Please
Advise,, and thank you.,, Fnash

More about : win pro recognize

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:46:26 AM

If the drive is not showing up in MyComputer then check here for a fix.
http://www.dougknox.com/ Go to WinXP Fixes rt column and select
Restore CD/Dvd Drives to Explorer.
If it's a matter of formatting the cdrw media you may need DirectCD or
InCD. Roxio or Nero.

!