Need Recommendation for SATA Host Controller

Can someone recommend a SATA host controller that will work on my 2466N
board with Western Digital SATA drives, Windows 2000 or 2003?

Appreciate it!

Pat
4 answers Last reply
More about need recommendation sata host controller
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    PatH wrote:
    > Can someone recommend a SATA host controller that will work on my 2466N
    > board with Western Digital SATA drives, Windows 2000 or 2003?
    >
    > Appreciate it!
    >
    > Pat

    I've used a few 4, 8, and 12 port cards from 3Ware in systems
    built around the S288x series of motherboards. Can't imagine
    that they wouldn't work in a 2466N.

    If you don't care about RAID, then just get a basic 2 or 4 port
    card from Promise of HighPoint.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Many thanks!

    "Rob Stow" <rob.stow.nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > PatH wrote:
    > > Can someone recommend a SATA host controller that will work on my 2466N
    > > board with Western Digital SATA drives, Windows 2000 or 2003?
    > >
    > > Appreciate it!
    > >
    > > Pat
    > >

    > I've used a few 4, 8, and 12 port cards from 3Ware in systems
    > built around the S288x series of motherboards. Can't imagine
    > that they wouldn't work in a 2466N.
    >
    > If you don't care about RAID, then just get a basic 2 or 4 port
    > card from Promise of HighPoint.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "PatH" <nwind@NOSPAM.povn.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone recommend a SATA host controller that will work on my 2466N
    > board with Western Digital SATA drives, Windows 2000 or 2003?

    I use an Promise SATA150 TX2plus in an S2460. No problems. Its a pleasure
    with a WD 74Gb raptor :-)
    Paul.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "PatH" <nwind@NOSPAM.povn.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone recommend a SATA host controller that will work on my 2466N
    > board with Western Digital SATA drives, Windows 2000 or 2003?
    >
    > Appreciate it!
    >
    > Pat

    My Tyan S2460 has a 3Ware 7500-4LP Escalade RAID controller in it. The SATA
    3Ware versions with at least 4 ports use 64 bit PCI slots running at at
    least 66 MHz and they're true hardware RAID units - that's one way to fill
    one of those 64 bit slots sitting there in your S2466N! You should be able
    to buy an older style 3Ware SATA card for a reasonable price from eBay -
    that's how I got hold of mine (imported it into the UK from the USA saving
    £££). I'm unsure about the S2466N but the S2460 wont allow many additional
    boot devices due to a limited 128k BIOS memory footprint size. If you have a
    NIC set to PXE boot and a graphics card with large BIOS memory demands, you
    may find there are problems with them all together - I did with my cheapie
    Silicon Image software RAID card but the 3Ware replacement card behaves
    itself in this regard - item 3 on this page covers it:
    http://www.tyan.com/support/html/f_s2466.html

    Paul

Tyan SATA Controller Windows 2000 Western Digital Motherboards