Anyone got their K8WE SLI Bridge?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2005 11:55:13 AM

I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.

More about : k8we sli bridge

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2005 5:34:34 AM

Hi, contact Tyan tech support, next revision of the board will included the
bridge.

www.lynncomp.com

<francesco.chu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
> w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2005 5:21:30 PM

Danke, I emailed them and they said that it was not included in the box
since they have not manufactured it. Kinnda strange to miss something
as simple as an sli connector, invalidating one of the big selling
points to the board.
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2005 4:23:57 PM

Tyan might still be able to provide it, just call tech support and make
sure you have the proof of purchase and board serial number handy.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2005 1:25:55 PM

I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
ribbon cable?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2005 5:02:35 PM

Francesco Chu wrote:
> I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
> understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
> ribbon cable?

Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan M5000

-Infecto
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 13, 2005 6:03:06 PM

I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.

daniel.watsonbros@gmail.com wrote:
> Francesco Chu wrote:
> > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
> > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
> > ribbon cable?
>
> Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan M5000
>
> -Infecto
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2005 12:39:08 AM

"" wrote:
> I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.
>
> daniel.watsonbros@gmail.com wrote:
> > Francesco Chu wrote:
>  > > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news.
> I still don't
>  > > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based,
> what is wrong with a
>  > > ribbon cable?
> >
> > Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan
> M5000
> >
> > -Infecto

I got tired of waiting and ordered one off ebay, it was a leadtek sli
bridge but it works just fine. If my TYAN one ever shows up maybe I
will keep it, or send one back out to ebay for another desperate
person to order.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-K8WE-SLI-Bridge-ftop...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296183
!