Anyone got their K8WE SLI Bridge?

I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.
7 answers Last reply
More about anyone k8we bridge
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Hi, contact Tyan tech support, next revision of the board will included the
    bridge.

    www.lynncomp.com

    <francesco.chu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
    > w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Danke, I emailed them and they said that it was not included in the box
    since they have not manufactured it. Kinnda strange to miss something
    as simple as an sli connector, invalidating one of the big selling
    points to the board.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Tyan might still be able to provide it, just call tech support and make
    sure you have the proof of purchase and board serial number handy.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
    understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
    ribbon cable?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Francesco Chu wrote:
    > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
    > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
    > ribbon cable?

    Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan M5000

    -Infecto
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.

    daniel.watsonbros@gmail.com wrote:
    > Francesco Chu wrote:
    > > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
    > > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
    > > ribbon cable?
    >
    > Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan M5000
    >
    > -Infecto
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "" wrote:
    > I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.
    >
    > daniel.watsonbros@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Francesco Chu wrote:
    >  > > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news.
    > I still don't
    >  > > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based,
    > what is wrong with a
    >  > > ribbon cable?
    > >
    > > Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan
    > M5000
    > >
    > > -Infecto

    I got tired of waiting and ordered one off ebay, it was a leadtek sli
    bridge but it works just fine. If my TYAN one ever shows up maybe I
    will keep it, or send one back out to ebay for another desperate
    person to order.

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-K8WE-SLI-Bridge-ftopict52770.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296183

Tyan SLI Nvidia Motherboards