Anyone got their K8WE SLI Bridge?

I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.

Hi, contact Tyan tech support, next revision of the board will included the
bridge.

www.lynncomp.com

<francesco.chu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I got the K8WE (finally) but there was no SLI bridge (got 2 NVidia 6800
> w/ 256 mb each in there) in the box.

Danke, I emailed them and they said that it was not included in the box
since they have not manufactured it. Kinnda strange to miss something
as simple as an sli connector, invalidating one of the big selling
points to the board.

Tyan might still be able to provide it, just call tech support and make
sure you have the proof of purchase and board serial number handy.

I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
ribbon cable?

Francesco Chu wrote:
> I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news. I still don't
> understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based, what is wrong with a
> ribbon cable?

Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan M5000

-Infecto

I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.

"" wrote:
> I got the SLI connector from Tyan. Finally.
>
> daniel.watsonbros@gmail.com wrote:
> > Francesco Chu wrote:
>  > > I got on the mailing list, I think. Still no news.
> I still don't
>  > > understand why most SLI connectors are PCB based,
> what is wrong with a
>  > > ribbon cable?
> >
> > Hey I found 'em online for about 20 bucks... Look up Tyan
> M5000
> >
> > -Infecto

I got tired of waiting and ordered one off ebay, it was a leadtek sli
bridge but it works just fine. If my TYAN one ever shows up maybe I
will keep it, or send one back out to ebay for another desperate
person to order.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-K8WE-SLI-Bridge-ftopict52770.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=296183