john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I am running Windows XP Pro...main Hard Drive is 80GB Primary Master; I had
a second (Secondary Slave) 20GB drive where I store all my
files/pics/programs/etc. Both hard drives are Maxtor.
Also I have my Power Options set in the "Turn Off Monitor" to 3 minutes.

I got a new 200GB Maxtor to replace the 20GB. I installed it yesterday and
all of a sudden, either the monitor shurs down for a second and then comes
back on, or it shuts down, but also the "Prompt for Password" in the
Advanced tab checks itself all the time, so now I am getting the password
window every time I take need to go back to the screen.

The annoying part is that I cannot change it. I check the "Prompt for
Password" off and it keeps getting back there.

Hi, John.

Other than the coincidental timing, why do you believe that your monitor and
password problems have anything to do with your new hard drive? It sounds
entirely unrelated to me.

Why don't you start a new thread, with a new Subject line, and ask about
your monitor problem? Your password problem may call for a thread of its
own. And it might help to mention the make and model of your monitor and
graphics card (or your computer, if it came preassembled).

About the only reason this might relate to your new secondary HD is if some
cables or BIOS settings got messed up during your HD installation.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX