Tyan s1854 and Pentium III 1ghz

Hi everyone, i have a Tyan s1854 99PONA, Revision E but i can’t
achieve to install a pentium 3 1000 socket 370, i updated the bios to
the last version but nothing is changed,,,how can i do??
Please Help me

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-s1854-Pentium-III-1ghz-ftopict55636.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=279249
6 answers Last reply
More about tyan s1854 pentium 1ghz
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    junior2001 wrote:
    > Hi everyone, i have a Tyan s1854 99PONA, Revision E but i can't
    > achieve to install a pentium 3 1000 socket 370, i updated the bios to
    > the last version but nothing is changed,,,how can i do??
    > Please Help me

    See:
    http://www.tyan.com/support/html/PentiumII_III_PPGA.html .

    On this page, you will see a "^" that points to:
    ^ Pentium® III 933MHz to 1GHz support applies to S1854 board revisions
    with marking "99PON" (please refer to the issue above for mark
    identification location) and have motherboard revision marking of J or
    above. (Look on the edge of the board located by the IDE ports for a
    small white box where revision letter is indicated inside).

    It would seem that Revision E is not directly supported? Do a little
    searching in 'alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan' and you will see
    references to Slockets and other options. I can't recall if there is
    an easy "fix" to use the Coppermine flip chips in the earlier mobos.

    -Gene
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    This is the only Slot 1 adapter that came up after a quick search.
    This may be your best and/or only option.

    http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html

    Too bad the Iwill Slocket II appears to have vanished.
    http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/iwill-slocket2/index.html

    Another relic: Soltek SL02A++ ?

    Finally...
    http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/slotket/index.html .

    A friend used a Powerleap PL-II for some time with reasonable success.
    These seem to have vanished as well.

    Good luck.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    eugene.henderson@bigfoot.com wrote:

    > This is the only Slot 1 adapter that came up after a quick search.
    > This may be your best and/or only option.
    >
    > http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html
    >
    > Too bad the Iwill Slocket II appears to have vanished.
    > http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/iwill-slocket2/index.html
    >
    > Another relic: Soltek SL02A++ ?
    >
    > Finally...
    > http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/slotket/index.html .
    >
    > A friend used a Powerleap PL-II for some time with reasonable success.
    > These seem to have vanished as well.

    Try a search on eBay for the term "slocket" and several should show up.
    There's an Abit unit currently at $0.99 with about 1.5 days left to go.

    Eric
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Eric18" wrote:
    > eugene.henderson@bigfoot.com wrote:
    > >
    > > This is the only Slot 1 adapter that came up after a quick
    > search.
    > > This may be your best and/or only option.
    > >
    > > http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html
    > >
    > > Too bad the Iwill Slocket II appears to have vanished.
    > > http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/iwill-slocket2/index.html
    > >
    > > Another relic: Soltek SL02A++ ?
    > >
    > > Finally...
    > > http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/slotket/index.html .
    > >
    > > A friend used a Powerleap PL-II for some time with
    > reasonable success.
    > > These seem to have vanished as well.
    > >

    > Try a search on eBay for the term "slocket" and several should
    > show up.
    > There's an Abit unit currently at $0.99 with about 1.5 days
    > left to go.
    >
    > Eric

    So with a slocket can i put a pentium 3 1000 on slot 1 without
    problems??

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-s1854-Pentium-III-1ghz-ftopict55636.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=280978
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "junior2001" wrote:
    > So with a slocket can i put a pentium 3 1000 on slot 1 without
    > problems??

    my mother board tyan s1854 have both socket 370 and slot 1 but when i
    put the pentium 3 1000 coppermine on socket 370 the pc won’t start and
    the motherboard doesn’t recognize it...so if i mount it on slot 1 with
    a slocket can i solve my problem? or the processor will not be
    recognized? please help me
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    junior2001 wrote:
    > "junior2001" wrote:
    > > So with a slocket can i put a pentium 3 1000 on slot 1 without
    > > problems??
    >
    > my mother board tyan s1854 have both socket 370 and slot 1 but when i
    > put the pentium 3 1000 coppermine on socket 370 the pc won't start
    and
    > the motherboard doesn't recognize it...so if i mount it on slot 1
    with
    > a slocket can i solve my problem? or the processor will not be
    > recognized? please help me

    you have (at least) two choices: UpgradeWare.com or PowerLeap.com.
    looks like you will be out a few bucks ... more with powerleap. are
    you replacing a CPU? if yes, does it support a 100MHz or 133MHz system
    bus? is the "new" 1 GHz CPU compatible with the installed SDRAM? it
    looks like you will pay 1/2 as much again, or more, to get the
    Upgradeware adapter for your mobo version. the powerleap option seems
    over-the-top silly expensive. get a new mobo or a later revision of
    the s1854 instead (ebay?).

    get the slot-t, test it with cheapest cpu avail., then adjust clock
    speed for your 1GHz cpu. good luck.

    http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html
    http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/slott.htm
    http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/compatibility.htm

    http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html
    http://www.powerleap.com/SystemSearch.html
    http://www.powerleap.com/support.html

    Question
    How can I order an adapter without a CPU?

    Answer
    If you would like to place an order for an adapter without CPU, you
    will need to place a special order. Please contact our sales department
    at 1-866-PL-SALES 9am-5pm M-F Eastern Time (USA). Follow the voice
    prompts to reach the sales department. Our courteous and knowledgeable
    sales people will assist you in this process.

Tyan Pentium Motherboards