MS Intellitype Pro Multimedia 1.0A

June 25, 2005 11:26:02 AM

My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
found solution?
--
Jay
Anonymous

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:

> My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
> functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
> found solution?

I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
software installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without a
receipt (thrown away).
--
Jay

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:
>
> > My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
> > functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
> > found solution?
>
> I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
> software installed?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

June 25, 2005 4:13:44 PM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:25:01 -0700, Jay wrote:

> Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
> I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without a
> receipt (thrown away).

Might try reinstalling the software if you haven't done that already. Or
uninstalling the software and removing the mouse from Device Manager
(keyboard: Window key, U, U will get a shutdown). If these attempts fail,
then wrestle with Circuit City. ;)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7561
Have your keyboard on hand when you call and explain the situation...

They should be able to help you out.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 51012AA-94A2-4340-B6CA-B5014C7B0A8E@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
> I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without
> receipt (thrown away).
> --
> Jay
>

> "Sharon F" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:
>>
>> > My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
>> > functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same
>> > and
>> > found solution?
>>
>> I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
>> software installed?
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...
>>
>> --
>> Sharon F
>> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 1:46:00 AM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:45:39 -0400, Jason Tsang wrote:

> Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7561
> Have your keyboard on hand when you call and explain the situation...
>
> They should be able to help you out.

Thought about suggesting that, Jason. They sure have helped me out in the
past but thought I remembered them asking for a receipt? I remember
scanning the bottom of the mouse (at their recommendation) to capture the
s/n and sending that along with the receipt in a fax. A brand new mouse was
delivered within a few days. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask though.

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User