MS Intellitype Pro Multimedia 1.0A

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
found solution?
--
Jay
5 answers Last reply
More about intellitype multimedia
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:

    > My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
    > functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
    > found solution?

    I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
    software installed?

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
    I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without a
    receipt (thrown away).
    --
    Jay


    "Sharon F" wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:
    >
    > > My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
    > > functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same and
    > > found solution?
    >
    > I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
    > software installed?
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:25:01 -0700, Jay wrote:

    > Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
    > I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without a
    > receipt (thrown away).

    Might try reinstalling the software if you haven't done that already. Or
    uninstalling the software and removing the mouse from Device Manager
    (keyboard: Window key, U, U will get a shutdown). If these attempts fail,
    then wrestle with Circuit City. ;)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7561
    Have your keyboard on hand when you call and explain the situation...

    They should be able to help you out.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

    "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:D51012AA-94A2-4340-B6CA-B5014C7B0A8E@microsoft.com...
    > Yes, I have the software and 5.2 installed. Must be a bad keyboard. Now
    > I'll likely have to face the struggle of a swapout at Circuit City without
    > a
    > receipt (thrown away).
    > --
    > Jay
    >
    >
    > "Sharon F" wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Jay wrote:
    >>
    >> > My Documents, My Pictures, & My Music hot keys won't work. All else
    >> > functions properly - bad keyboard? Or is anyone else experiencing same
    >> > and
    >> > found solution?
    >>
    >> I have that keyboard. Working fine here. Do you have the Intellitype
    >> software installed?
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sharon F
    >> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
    >>
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:45:39 -0400, Jason Tsang wrote:

    > Call MS Parts and Replacement at 1-800-360-7561
    > Have your keyboard on hand when you call and explain the situation...
    >
    > They should be able to help you out.

    Thought about suggesting that, Jason. They sure have helped me out in the
    past but thought I remembered them asking for a receipt? I remember
    scanning the bottom of the mouse (at their recommendation) to capture the
    s/n and sending that along with the receipt in a fax. A brand new mouse was
    delivered within a few days. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask though.

    How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Ask a new question

Read More

Multimedia My Documents Windows XP