video card compatabilty with the Tiger MPX S2466

Last response: in Motherboards
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2005 11:39:28 AM

I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to
put in a 256MB card and as soon as I install it, my PC will not boot.
I have tried a PCI and AGP card with no luck. I have a 450 watt power
supply, 2 athlon MP 2000+, and 512MB of memory, and the board is a
Tyan Tiger MPX S2466.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-video-card-compatabi...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=286645
June 6, 2005 8:36:17 PM

>I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to

Is this an ATI video board ?

Lynn
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2005 6:15:51 AM

HairyHenderson <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
: I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to
: put in a 256MB card and as soon as I install it, my PC will not boot.
:
I have no problems with an ATI 9700 Pro. This is with
2GB memory and two 2600MP's.

What BIOS do you have? There was a change with 4.05 or
so to move the AGP aperature for 256MB video cards.

Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
- Thuganlitha
The Power and the Prophet
Robert Don Hughes
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2005 7:35:48 PM

"nospam110" wrote:
> >I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am
> trying to
>
> Is this an ATI video board ?
>
> Lynn

No they are BFG Nvidia cards