video card compatabilty with the Tiger MPX S2466

I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to
put in a 256MB card and as soon as I install it, my PC will not boot.
I have tried a PCI and AGP card with no luck. I have a 450 watt power
supply, 2 athlon MP 2000+, and 512MB of memory, and the board is a
Tyan Tiger MPX S2466.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-video-card-compatabilty-Tiger-MPX-S2466-ftopict57013.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=286645
3 answers Last reply
More about video card compatabilty tiger s2466
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    >I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to

    Is this an ATI video board ?

    Lynn
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    HairyHenderson <UseLinkToEmail@hardwareforumz.com> wrote:
    : I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am trying to
    : put in a 256MB card and as soon as I install it, my PC will not boot.
    :
    I have no problems with an ATI 9700 Pro. This is with
    2GB memory and two 2600MP's.

    What BIOS do you have? There was a change with 4.05 or
    so to move the AGP aperature for 256MB video cards.

    Bruce
    "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
    - Thuganlitha
    The Power and the Prophet
    Robert Don Hughes
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "nospam110" wrote:
    > >I cannot get any newer video cards to work on my PC. I am
    > trying to
    >
    > Is this an ATI video board ?
    >
    > Lynn

    No they are BFG Nvidia cards