GS12 Barebone not booting?

Hi All,

Just purchased a GS12, after putting all my hardware in, and turn it on the
lcd displays the following:

Power on... Phoen
H/W Initialize
Nothing comes up on the monitor or anything. Sometimes it is displayed as:

Phoenix BIOS 1.02
H/W Initialize

Hardware is:
Intel P4 Prescott 3.0Ghz-E
512mb DDR RAM
80Gb SATA Drive.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

TIA

Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about gs12 barebone booting
  1. Hi --

    I had the same problem, and I found it was the CPU overheating. The heatsink, which screws onto the motherboard with four sprung screws, requires a surprisingly tight turn in order to make full thermal contact with the CPU.

    I was a bit hesitant about this, and I didn't tighten the screws enough. It's also worth following the guidelines in the manual about tightening the screws in a diagonal pattern, that is: top-left, bottom-right, top-right, bottom-left.

    Hope this is helpful!

    Regards,
    Mike.

    http://www.conferenceone.co.uk