demis

I'm using a gamepad (connected on gameport) on MAME32 (on Windows XP)
I calibrated it in Windows over and over, but can't seem to make it work
on MAME games:

While I'm in Windows the gamepad works right (I can even select games in
mame32 using the gamepad)
But after loading a Rom, if I try to set the input (as soon as i press
the TAB key to access the control menu)the arrows go up and down
continuosly as if i was fiddling with the direction pad!
I can't set the input so the pad is useless during games!

What can I do guys?
:(
Thanks a lot for your attention.

Demis

If you right click on the game´s name, in mame32, you can select Proberties
of "gamename", finde the sheet with the name Controle, see if you have set a
mark for "Enable joystick input", and then chose the right ID number at the
P1.

Then your joypad should work in the games.

Let us know if this has been of any help.

Leo

demis

www.mamegames.dk ha scritto:
> If you right click on the game´s name, in mame32, you can select Proberties
> of "gamename", finde the sheet with the name Controle, see if you have set a
> mark for "Enable joystick input", and then chose the right ID number at the
> P1.
>
> Then your joypad should work in the games.
>
> Let us know if this has been of any help.
>
> Leo

Yes, I already set joystick input as enabled for all games...
what do you mean by "chose the right ID number at P1." ?
Can you please explain?

Thanks anyway for your help! :)
Demis

demis wrote:
> But after loading a Rom, if I try to set the input (as soon as i press
> the TAB key to access the control menu)the arrows go up and down
> continuosly as if i was fiddling with the direction pad!

I had a similar problem when first trying to use my steering wheel in MAME.
It turned out that when at rest, one of the pedals was still registering a
very slight pessure, causing the menu to go berserk.

I fixed it by increasing the "Analog joystick deadzone" setting in the
Controllers tab of the Default Game Options window. It worked just fine
after that.

Hope that helps,

--

(O) e n o n e

demis <potatoes69@libero.it> wrote in

> Yes, I already set joystick input as enabled for all games...
> what do you mean by "chose the right ID number at P1." ?
> Can you please explain?

What build of MAME32 are you using? 0.80 or higher? If so, it should be
obvious what the previous poster was suggesting.

Options -> Default Options -> Controllers -> Enable joystick input -> P1

ID number refers to Controller ID number as seen under Windows.

demis

Oenone ha scritto:

No, it's NOT an analog gamepad, it's not that!
My MAME32 build is 0.95, the gamepad is number 1 under Windows (and the
only one).
I thought there was something wrong with the gamepad so i went to the
store and changed it with another (same model), but nothing changed!!!
I'm desperate!
:(