my new s2895 beeps 4 times when I power up

I cant find a 4 beep pattern listed in the manual

anyone know?

it goes

beep beep beep beep

??

tia
Dave

wshorten66

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2006
My system also goes "beep, beep, beep, beep". I have been able to power-on only twice out of about 25 attempts and it always does a hard power-off after beginning to install Windows XP Pro. I am frustrated at the lack of answers both from Tyan directly, and the K8WE community.
I hope that I do not have to RMA the MB back to Tyan. If you get any anwers, I would appreciate an email.

Tyan Thunder K8WE s2895A2NRF (w/ no 6-pin power; Bios version 1.03)
Lian-Li PC-201A chassis
2x Opteron 248
1x PNY nVidia Quadro FX 3450
2x Kingston HyperX KRX3200AK2/1G (one per CPU)
Enermax EG851AX-VH(W) 660W PSU EPS+12V Ready

jreeve0805

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006