Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 16, 2005 5:47:52 AM

my new s2895 beeps 4 times when I power up

I cant find a 4 beep pattern listed in the manual

anyone know?

it goes

beep beep beep beep

??

tia
Dave

More about : beeps

August 20, 2006 8:28:45 PM

My system also goes "beep, beep, beep, beep". I have been able to power-on only twice out of about 25 attempts and it always does a hard power-off after beginning to install Windows XP Pro. I am frustrated at the lack of answers both from Tyan directly, and the K8WE community.
I hope that I do not have to RMA the MB back to Tyan. If you get any anwers, I would appreciate an email.

Tyan Thunder K8WE s2895A2NRF (w/ no 6-pin power; Bios version 1.03)
Lian-Li PC-201A chassis
2x Opteron 248
1x PNY nVidia Quadro FX 3450
2x Kingston HyperX KRX3200AK2/1G (one per CPU)
Enermax EG851AX-VH(W) 660W PSU EPS+12V Ready
August 21, 2006 3:15:57 PM

after reading the following article i found my answer. my problem was that a memory stick was loose and not seated properly. the 4 beep code seams to be a memory related issue.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/S2892-beep-Code...

wshorten66, i would send you an email as requested but you dident include it in your profile or post. I hope you get this soon so you dont rip all your hair out :lol: