Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Tyan Thunder K8SE (S2892)

Tags:
  • Tyan
  • Thunder
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 16, 2005 8:09:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

Hi,

Some time ago Tyan introduced it's new Opteron server board, the Thunder
K8SE (S2892). Since that time I have been looking forward to it, but it
seems that there's no way to get it.

Does anybody know when it will be available in the Netherlands (or
somewhere else in Europe)?

Thanks,

Scourger

More about : tyan thunder k8se s2892

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2005 8:37:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

"" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago Tyan introduced it's new Opteron server board,
> the Thunder
> K8SE (S2892). Since that time I have been looking forward to
> it, but it
> seems that there's no way to get it.
>
> Does anybody know when it will be available in the Netherlands
> (or
> somewhere else in Europe)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scourger

eBay is your best bet. They’re selling really cheap too.

I’ve got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-Thunder-K8SE-S2892-f...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=295360
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2005 10:39:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

"mdma" wrote:
> eBay is your best bet. They're selling really cheap too.
>
> I've got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D

If you could tell me what type of setup you have I would appreciate
it. I have the same board, but can’t get past the POST. The BIOS reads
everything correctly, but I receive the BIOS beep code 1-1-2-1.
Phoenix states "Get CPU type" for this code. The setup is a
barebones with the following:
1 stick of Kingston KVR400D4R3A/1G (in CPU1 DimmA1)
2 AMD 246 Opterons
Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-550-ACLY ATX12V/ EPS12V
550W
I received the processor/board from the AMD/Microsoft tech tour.
The reason I am posting here is because I can find nearly no support
from Tyan or AMD.
Any help would be appreciated.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2005 10:32:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

I have the same motherboard. My manual doesn't show a 1-1-2-1 beep
code, so I'm not sure what that code means on a Tyan board. "Get CPU
type" is the third thing listed in the POST code list, so if the code is
accurate you're not getting far at all. Have you tried the CPUs one at
a time? You could have a bad CPU.

You also have a problem with the RAM. I have Crucial memory in my
computer. If you go to www.crucial.com and go through their
configuration utility for the K8SE you'll see that they list memory as
"4 banks of 2", meaning that the RAM has to be installed two sticks at a
time. I also checked the Kingston web site, and they say that memory on
the K8SE must be installed in pairs. In section 2.9 of the manual it
says to start installing memory in CPU1_DIMMB2.

Martin

judeman2002 wrote:
> "mdma" wrote:
> > eBay is your best bet. They're selling really cheap too.
> >
> > I've got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D
>
> If you could tell me what type of setup you have I would appreciate
> it. I have the same board, but can’t get past the POST. The BIOS reads
> everything correctly, but I receive the BIOS beep code 1-1-2-1.
> Phoenix states "Get CPU type" for this code. The setup is a
> barebones with the following:
> 1 stick of Kingston KVR400D4R3A/1G (in CPU1 DimmA1)
> 2 AMD 246 Opterons
> Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-550-ACLY ATX12V/ EPS12V
> 550W
> I received the processor/board from the AMD/Microsoft tech tour.
> The reason I am posting here is because I can find nearly no support
> from Tyan or AMD.
> Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2005 5:37:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

"" wrote:
> I have the same motherboard. My manual doesn't show a 1-1-2-1
> beep
> code, so I'm not sure what that code means on a Tyan board.
> "Get CPU
> type" is the third thing listed in the POST code list, so if
> the code is
> accurate you're not getting far at all. Have you tried the
> CPUs one at
> a time? You could have a bad CPU.
>
> You also have a problem with the RAM. I have Crucial memory
> in my
> computer. If you go to www.crucial.com and go through their
> configuration utility for the K8SE you'll see that they list
> memory as
> "4 banks of 2", meaning that the RAM has to be installed two
> sticks at a
> time. I also checked the Kingston web site, and they say that
> memory on
> the K8SE must be installed in pairs. In section 2.9 of the
> manual it
> says to start installing memory in CPU1_DIMMB2.
>
> Martin
>
> judeman2002 wrote:
> > "mdma" wrote:
> > > eBay is your best bet. They're selling really cheap too.
> > >
> > > I've got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D
> >
> > If you could tell me what type of setup you have I would
> appreciate
> > it. I have the same board, but can’t get past the POST. The
> BIOS reads
> > everything correctly, but I receive the BIOS beep code
> 1-1-2-1.
> > Phoenix states "Get CPU type" for this code. The setup is a
> > barebones with the following:
> > 1 stick of Kingston KVR400D4R3A/1G (in CPU1 DimmA1)
> > 2 AMD 246 Opterons
> > Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-550-ACLY ATX12V/
> EPS12V
> > 550W
> > I received the processor/board from the AMD/Microsoft tech
> tour.
> > The reason I am posting here is because I can find nearly no
> support
> > from Tyan or AMD.
> > Any help would be appreciated.

The beep code in the manual are in hexdecimal. If you break it down it
converts to 1-1-2-1 in binary, which is "Get CPU Type". I have tried
with the one processor and with different memory configs. Right now I
am trying to figure out how to rma the board or the CPUs. MS contacted
us about the tech tour (customer survey), but when we told them about
the problem, they rushed us off the phone and couldn’t give us any
contact info...I am at a lost..all that googles is registration sites
basicly...anyway,
thanx for the reply

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Tyan-Thunder-K8SE-S2892-f...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=307351
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 1:43:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

I did a Google search on "Phoenix beep codes" and found a page that does
show 1-1-2-1 as "Get CPU type". The Tyan manual does not show this
code. I'm not sure what you mean about hexadecimal. The beep codes
aren't a simple translation of the BIOS step (beep code 1-1-2-1 goes
with step 02h), and 1121 decimal would convert to 461h.

As to returning the CPUs and/or the motherboard, what's been posted on
the discussion groups I've read is to call or email the Tyan Marketing
Department for help and/or instructions. The main phone number for Tyan
is (510)651-8868. email would be marketing@tyan.com

Martin



judeman2002 wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > I have the same motherboard. My manual doesn't show a 1-1-2-1
> > beep
> > code, so I'm not sure what that code means on a Tyan board.
> > "Get CPU
> > type" is the third thing listed in the POST code list, so if
> > the code is
> > accurate you're not getting far at all. Have you tried the
> > CPUs one at
> > a time? You could have a bad CPU.
> >
> > You also have a problem with the RAM. I have Crucial memory
> > in my
> > computer. If you go to www.crucial.com and go through their
> > configuration utility for the K8SE you'll see that they list
> > memory as
> > "4 banks of 2", meaning that the RAM has to be installed two
> > sticks at a
> > time. I also checked the Kingston web site, and they say that
> > memory on
> > the K8SE must be installed in pairs. In section 2.9 of the
> > manual it
> > says to start installing memory in CPU1_DIMMB2.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > judeman2002 wrote:
> > > "mdma" wrote:
> > > > eBay is your best bet. They're selling really cheap too.
> > > >
> > > > I've got an extra one, let me know if you want it =D
> > >
> > > If you could tell me what type of setup you have I would
> > appreciate
> > > it. I have the same board, but can’t get past the POST. The
> > BIOS reads
> > > everything correctly, but I receive the BIOS beep code
> > 1-1-2-1.
> > > Phoenix states "Get CPU type" for this code. The setup is a
> > > barebones with the following:
> > > 1 stick of Kingston KVR400D4R3A/1G (in CPU1 DimmA1)
> > > 2 AMD 246 Opterons
> > > Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-550-ACLY ATX12V/
> > EPS12V
> > > 550W
> > > I received the processor/board from the AMD/Microsoft tech
> > tour.
> > > The reason I am posting here is because I can find nearly no
> > support
> > > from Tyan or AMD.
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> The beep code in the manual are in hexdecimal. If you break it down it
> converts to 1-1-2-1 in binary, which is "Get CPU Type". I have tried
> with the one processor and with different memory configs. Right now I
> am trying to figure out how to rma the board or the CPUs. MS contacted
> us about the tech tour (customer survey), but when we told them about
> the problem, they rushed us off the phone and couldn’t give us any
> contact info...I am at a lost..all that googles is registration sites
> basicly...anyway,
> thanx for the reply
>
!