Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 AWE-32 Compatible Problem!!..

June 26, 2005 10:44:02 AM

Hi all cuties out there:

I get a message in Windows Media Player:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with
your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your
computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be
functioning properly."

I also cannot play any music. Help me!
June 26, 2005 10:52:03 AM

add-ons:

Oh yea,

These are my system thingies:
Microsoft SP III

The error code is 10.
Any references? Please reply ASAP.

your sexygal,
adriana

"adriana" wrote:

> Hi all cuties out there:
>
> I get a message in Windows Media Player:
>
> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with
> your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your
> computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be
> functioning properly."
>
> I also cannot play any music. Help me!
June 26, 2005 11:32:01 AM

adriana wrote:

> add-ons:
>
> Oh yea,
>
> These are my system thingies:
> Microsoft SP III
>
> The error code is 10.
> Any references? Please reply ASAP.

"Microsoft SP III" is meaningless.

> "adriana" wrote:
>
>> Hi all cuties out there:
>>
>> I get a message in Windows Media Player:
>>
>> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem
>> with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed
>> on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might
>> not be functioning properly."
>>
>> I also cannot play any music. Help me!

I suggest that if you want help in this newsgroup in the future, you
make your posts sound less like pr0n spam.

To address your technical question, it sounds as if your soundcard has
died. That is quite old hardware and hardware doesn't last forever.
Swap the card out for a known-working one. If you don't have an extra
soundcard or hardware testing isn't your cup of tea, take the machine
to a professional computer repair shop, not your local equivalent of
BigStoreUSA.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers