Rumtime error with Lexmark printer after reinstalling Win xp

June 26, 2005 8:33:04 PM

I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
MCE.
--
Paul Masson
Anonymous

Uninstall and then reinstall the printer. Something is not correct after
the OS was reinstalled, so a printer reinstall should put things back.

paul Masson wrote:

> I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
> had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
> the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
> runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
> terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
> MCE.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 12:53:10 PM

I have uninstalled and reinsrtalled the printer3 times with the same result
before I made the post to this group. Hopefully I won't need to reinstall the
OS.
--
Paul Masson

"Bob I" wrote:

> Uninstall and then reinstall the printer. Something is not correct after
> the OS was reinstalled, so a printer reinstall should put things back.
>
> paul Masson wrote:
>
> > I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
> > had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
> > the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
> > runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
> > terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
> > MCE.

June 27, 2005 4:50:25 PM

I'm not finding that error message in MS knowledge base or at Lexmark.
Perhaps contact the Lexmark folks?

paul Masson wrote:

> I have uninstalled and reinsrtalled the printer3 times with the same result
> before I made the post to this group. Hopefully I won't need to reinstall the
> OS.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:29:04 PM

I also get a msg. MS visual c + + Runtime error( I can't read what I wrote so
it may not be error) when I try a reinstall of the printer. The thing that
bothers me is that the printer/scanner worked fine before I reinstalled Win
xp mce. It has only given me problems after the reinstall. Kind of looks like
the reinstall to me. I would hate to try and reinstall Win xp sp2 MCE and
have the printer not work again
--
Paul Masson

!