Rumtime error with Lexmark printer after reinstalling Win xp

I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
MCE.
--
Paul Masson
4 answers Last reply

    Uninstall and then reinstall the printer. Something is not correct after
    the OS was reinstalled, so a printer reinstall should put things back.

    paul Masson wrote:

    > I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
    > had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
    > the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
    > runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
    > terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
    > MCE.

    I have uninstalled and reinsrtalled the printer3 times with the same result
    before I made the post to this group. Hopefully I won't need to reinstall the
    OS.
    --
    Paul Masson

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > Uninstall and then reinstall the printer. Something is not correct after
    > the OS was reinstalled, so a printer reinstall should put things back.
    >
    > paul Masson wrote:
    >
    > > I reinstalled Win xp MCE on a Dell 4600 2.6 mhz. Before reinstalling the OS i
    > > had installed a Lexmark 5250 all in one printer( awhile before reinstalling
    > > the OS). Now after the reinstall when I try and use the printer I get a
    > > runtime error with the msg. " the application requires the runtime to
    > > terminate in a unusual way. Everything was fine before the reinstall of XP
    > > MCE.

    I'm not finding that error message in MS knowledge base or at Lexmark.
    Perhaps contact the Lexmark folks?

    paul Masson wrote:

    > I have uninstalled and reinsrtalled the printer3 times with the same result
    > before I made the post to this group. Hopefully I won't need to reinstall the
    > OS.

    I also get a msg. MS visual c + + Runtime error( I can't read what I wrote so
    it may not be error) when I try a reinstall of the printer. The thing that
    bothers me is that the printer/scanner worked fine before I reinstalled Win
    xp mce. It has only given me problems after the reinstall. Kind of looks like
    the reinstall to me. I would hate to try and reinstall Win xp sp2 MCE and
    have the printer not work again
    --
    Paul Masson

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > I'm not finding that error message in MS knowledge base or at Lexmark.
    > Perhaps contact the Lexmark folks?
    >
    > paul Masson wrote:
    >
    > > I have uninstalled and reinsrtalled the printer3 times with the same result
    > > before I made the post to this group. Hopefully I won't need to reinstall the
    > > OS.

Windows XP Lexmark Printers