Need a Flat panel monitor question answered

a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 12:01:51 AM

If this isn't the right newsgroup to ask a question about a Samsung 930b
Flat Panel Monitor, can someone steer me to the right place please?
If this is the right place, is there someone here who can possibly answer a
question for me if I post it? I didn't want to take up your time unless I
had the right place to post. :-)
Thanks much
Dudley
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 12:01:52 AM

The right place is a Samsung forum. Since you didn't
actually give any info. you wasted the space.

some support

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in message
| If this isn't the right newsgroup to ask a question about
a Samsung 930b
| Flat Panel Monitor, can someone steer me to the right
place please?
| If this is the right place, is there someone here who can
possibly answer a
| question for me if I post it? I didn't want to take up
your time unless I
| had the right place to post. :-)
| Thanks much
| Dudley

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 12:01:53 AM

Nice, Jim.

Way to snub a guy who prefaced his post with
an admitted non-knowledge of whether or not it
belonged here.

Don't you think your reply could have simply been:

"The right place is a Samsung forum."

without the mean-spirited editorializing?

to the original poster:

If the problem you are having is related to how
XP is interacting with your Samsung, fire away.

If it relates specifically to the panel itself (hardware),
then you might have better luck with your issue if
you contact Samsung support, but my past experience
with them has caused me to form the opinion that I get
more helpful information from a sack full of axe handles.

Also might try posting in:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.video

if you actually are running XP.

> The right place is a Samsung forum. Since you didn't
> actually give any info. you wasted the space.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in message
> | If this isn't the right newsgroup to ask a question about
> a Samsung 930b
> | Flat Panel Monitor, can someone steer me to the right
> place please?
> | If this is the right place, is there someone here who can
> possibly answer a
> | question for me if I post it? I didn't want to take up
> your time unless I
> | had the right place to post. :-)
> | Thanks much
> | Dudley

a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 1:32:33 AM

He should have asked his question, he might have gotten an
answer if it was something to do with refresh rates,
resolution or interface. One or two sentences with an
actual question would have been LESS of a waste of time.

some support

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
| Nice, Jim.
|
| Way to snub a guy who prefaced his post with
| an admitted non-knowledge of whether or not it
| belonged here.
|
| Don't you think your reply could have simply been:
|
| "The right place is a Samsung forum."
|
| without the mean-spirited editorializing?
|
| ------------------------------------------------
|
| to the original poster:
|
| If the problem you are having is related to how
| XP is interacting with your Samsung, fire away.
|
| If it relates specifically to the panel itself (hardware),
| then you might have better luck with your issue if
| you contact Samsung support, but my past experience
| with them has caused me to form the opinion that I get
| more helpful information from a sack full of axe handles.
|
| Also might try posting in:
|
| microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
|
| if you actually are running XP.
| -------------------------------------------------------------------

in message
| > The right place is a Samsung forum. Since you didn't
| > actually give any info. you wasted the space.
| >
| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in
message
| > | If this isn't the right newsgroup to ask a question
about
| > a Samsung 930b
| > | Flat Panel Monitor, can someone steer me to the right
| > place please?
| > | If this is the right place, is there someone here who
can
| > possibly answer a
| > | question for me if I post it? I didn't want to take up
| > your time unless I
| > | had the right place to post. :-)
| > | Thanks much
| > | Dudley
| > |
| > |

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 3:55:52 AM

I'm sorry. You're wrong. The question is complicated enough that writing it
out on the wrong forum would have been a REAL waste of time....MINE!
I'm also sorry you chose to post such a mean spirited reply. I checked
Samsung before posting here and as far as I can determine, they have no
forum. I might have missed it, but I didn't see one.
DH

> He should have asked his question, he might have gotten an
> answer if it was something to do with refresh rates,
> resolution or interface. One or two sentences with an
> actual question would have been LESS of a waste of time.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> | Nice, Jim.
> |
> | Way to snub a guy who prefaced his post with
> | an admitted non-knowledge of whether or not it
> | belonged here.
> |
> | Don't you think your reply could have simply been:
> |
> | "The right place is a Samsung forum."
> |
> | without the mean-spirited editorializing?
> |
> | ------------------------------------------------
> |
> | to the original poster:
> |
> | If the problem you are having is related to how
> | XP is interacting with your Samsung, fire away.
> |
> | If it relates specifically to the panel itself (hardware),
> | then you might have better luck with your issue if
> | you contact Samsung support, but my past experience
> | with them has caused me to form the opinion that I get
> | more helpful information from a sack full of axe handles.
> |
> | Also might try posting in:
> |
> | microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
> |
> | if you actually are running XP.
> | -------------------------------------------------------------------
> |
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > The right place is a Samsung forum. Since you didn't
> | > actually give any info. you wasted the space.
> | >
> | > --
> | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> | > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> | > some support
> | > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
> | >

> | > "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in
> message
> about
> | > a Samsung 930b
> | > place please?
> can
> | > possibly answer a
> | > your time unless I
> | > |
> | > |

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 4:24:34 AM

Thank you very much. You have been very helpful.
I've been in contact with Samsung's support already and have a transaction
number for tomorrow morning. Reason I posted here was in hope of finding
someone using a 930b or something close to it in digital source mode.
As you have indicated, I also found Samsung a bit "shaky" with a definite
answer to my question.
I need to find out if what I'm getting is normal or an issue that needs a
return and another monitor.
It's a brand new 930b and I'm using it with a brand new EVGA 6800GT 256 GPU
which has absolutely no issues.
I think what has happened is that I have a "newer" model that has outpaced
the installation manual as far as the sourcing setup is concerned. The
manual calls for a button select that blackens the OBS and shows an
alternating selection dialog for analog and digital. It says to use the up
and down arrow keys to select one or the other. Simple enough :-)
What happens is that when I hit the select button, the screen goes black all
right, but the alternating selection dialog for analog/digital seems to go
into automatic and select digital immediately without my intervention with
the arrow keys.
I'm assuming that Samsung has upgraded the selection to now be automatic.
The monitor seems perfect except for one issue.
What happens is that when I put the computer on standby, or turn the
computer off at night, after the monitor goes black, I get a small window in
the upper left corner of the black screen that shows an alternating source
dialog between analog and digital. This behavior continues through several
cycles and then stops on digital.
Again, I'm assuming this is normal, but I need to know absolutely if it is
or isn't, and Samsung so far hasn't been able to tell me.
Anyway, that's my tale of woe for the day if by any chance you have an
answer.
And thanks for taking the time.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
P51 Demonstration Pilot

Just wanted you to know that everybody using the Mustang name isn't nasty
:-)

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Nice, Jim.
>
> Way to snub a guy who prefaced his post with
> an admitted non-knowledge of whether or not it
> belonged here.
>
> Don't you think your reply could have simply been:
>
> "The right place is a Samsung forum."
>
> without the mean-spirited editorializing?

> to the original poster:
>
> If the problem you are having is related to how
> XP is interacting with your Samsung, fire away.
>
> If it relates specifically to the panel itself (hardware),
> then you might have better luck with your issue if
> you contact Samsung support, but my past experience
> with them has caused me to form the opinion that I get
> more helpful information from a sack full of axe handles.
>
> Also might try posting in:
>
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
>
> if you actually are running XP.
>
> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
>> The right place is a Samsung forum. Since you didn't
>> actually give any info. you wasted the space.
>>
>> --
>> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>> some support
>> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>>

>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in message
>> | If this isn't the right newsgroup to ask a question about
>> a Samsung 930b
>> | Flat Panel Monitor, can someone steer me to the right
>> place please?
>> | If this is the right place, is there someone here who can
>> possibly answer a
>> | question for me if I post it? I didn't want to take up
>> your time unless I
>> | had the right place to post. :-)
>> | Thanks much
>> | Dudley

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 4:42:45 AM

I forgot to tell you I'm using a DVI cable for the monitor!!!
Dudley

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote in message
news:o N96WAteFHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thank you very much. You have been very helpful.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 4:50:50 AM

Guessed that.