2 answers Last reply
More about thunder k8we s2895 sata raid hell
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    try and see the guys at www.k8we.com
    I use scsi so I can't advise you based on my own setup.
    Why are you wanting to make a dual 300GB drive setup as your boot disk ? I
    am sure you have a good reason, I just would like to know, thanks

    Henrik

    "Francesco Chu" <francesco.chu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone got the NVRaid to work as a boot device at all? I have updated
    > the bios, tried slipstreaming drivers and still end up with 2 drives
    > when the machine boots up in Windoze 2003 after install. Then of course
    > it corrupts and I have to start again. This has happened 8 times
    > already and I am up for suggestions.
    >
    > At initial install screen, it sees only 1 drive (I slipstreamed the
    > nvraid driver into a new install cd), everything is fine til it boots
    > up for the first time after install, then it finds 2 generic
    > volumes...and raid is no more... BTW, it's set as Raid 1.
    >
    > K8WE, 2xSeagate 7200.8 300GB

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Mirroring for redunduncy. Not my idea of fun, but I got it to work by
    slipstreaming the nv raid drivers for both sata and pata (yes, both)
    and then it works...bizzare. now I have to figure out network bridging.

    Henrik Tived wrote:
    > try and see the guys at www.k8we.com
    > I use scsi so I can't advise you based on my own setup.
    > Why are you wanting to make a dual 300GB drive setup as your boot disk ? I
    > am sure you have a good reason, I just would like to know, thanks
    >
    > Henrik
    >
    > "Francesco Chu" <francesco.chu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Anyone got the NVRaid to work as a boot device at all? I have updated
    > > the bios, tried slipstreaming drivers and still end up with 2 drives
    > > when the machine boots up in Windoze 2003 after install. Then of course
    > > it corrupts and I have to start again. This has happened 8 times
    > > already and I am up for suggestions.
    > >
    > > At initial install screen, it sees only 1 drive (I slipstreamed the
    > > nvraid driver into a new install cd), everything is fine til it boots
    > > up for the first time after install, then it finds 2 generic
    > > volumes...and raid is no more... BTW, it's set as Raid 1.
    > >
    > > K8WE, 2xSeagate 7200.8 300GB

NAS / RAID Motherboards