Can't Upload Pics From Toshiba PDR3300 Camera

I have two machines both XP with one SP1 and one SP2. The camera is a
Toshiba PDR3300 (USB).

The SP2 machine automatically detects the camera and uploading works
just dandy.

The SP1 machine fails to recognize presence of the camera at all.

The camera is not supposed to require software installation on XP,
just 98.

How do I get the SP1 machine to recognize this camera?

Please

SP2 offers more robust driver and USB support than SP1.
It would be best if you installed SP2 for Windows XP.

General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP