S1584 WindowsXP

Tyan S1584 flashed to most recent BIOS available at the Tyan website, PIII -733 CPU, any known compatibility problems with installing and using WinXP SP2?

Thanks for any feedback.

ThunderBob

Exactly what I'm using dual-booting 98SE and XP Pro with SP2. Each OS is on
it's own physical hard disk (both WD's, 15 and 40 gig) formatted Fat 32 so
both visible under either OS. Had 98SE installed and simply indicated to XP
install to second hard disk and it setup boot menu etc. automatically.

Radeon 7200 (primary) & Matrox Mystique (secondary), SB PCI 128, 512 ram all
work as expected (even VIVO on Radeon though THAT does tend to hang unless
rebooted first ... under both OS's). Plextor burner and Hitachi DVD reader
work same under either OS except for Plextor's included software only works
under 98SE and there's no update/patch/upgrade. No real problem as Nero etc.
works the same. USB works, no problems with scanner, printer, camera etc.

Have Radeon overclocked to 190Mz from 160Mz and FSB set to 140Mz (the 136
setting hangs on boot?) which "ups" cpu to a 770Mz. Has run set like this
24/7 for couple years now.

Biggest problem with system is no int's left available.

"ThunderBob" <thunderbob@msn.com> wrote in message
Tyan S1584 flashed to most recent BIOS available at the Tyan website,
PIII -733 CPU, any known compatibility problems with installing and using
WinXP SP2?

Thanks for any feedback.

ThunderBob

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.